• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Criminal record checks question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Criminal record checks question

In your experience when applying for contracts, what proportion of them outside of the government (or involvement with the government/needing security clearance) do CRB / DBS checks?

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    In your experience when applying for contracts, what proportion of them outside of the government (or involvement with the government/needing security clearance) do CRB / DBS checks?
    I'd say since 2006 about half excluding the SC ones and the Foreign gigs.

Before that no-one gave a shít.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      0%
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

CRB is required for educational establishments and SC is for nearly any company working on government contracts.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          0%
          Hmm, not really...
          The financial gigs that I've had since 2010 or so have required Disclosure Scotland (almost CRB equiv.)

Waste of money really; all that it proves is that I've not been caught yet...
          Oh...
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

At Last, Police get tough with kids

wrong post fu$£
            Last edited by Paddy; 6 November 2014, 21:42.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X