Is this the worst president ever?

d000hg
7th November 2014, 09:19
Not even the worst this century.

BrilloPad
7th November 2014, 09:21
Not even the worst this century.

So what has he done?

The only thing I can think of is being the first black president. To be fair, not his fault he did not control both houses.

tractor
7th November 2014, 09:25
Writin lurrrve letters to the Iranian leader begging for an alliance.

Apparently, the US is running out of poodles. Should have stuck to corgis like real royalty does :P

d000hg
7th November 2014, 09:25
Is doing nothing worse than starting wars and making things worse than they were before?

TheFaQQer
7th November 2014, 09:28
Is this the worst president ever?

Not by a long shot.

tractor
7th November 2014, 09:31
Not by a long shot.

I am not sure it is wise to be talking about long shots and presidents in the same post, expect a knock on the door any moment, NSA will be along shortly to tell you that you are shortlisted for Guantanamo.

I guess I'm next, gulp!

norrahe
7th November 2014, 10:22
So what has he done?

The only thing I can think of is being the first black president. To be fair, not his fault he did not control both houses.

The fact that his party had no control or influence over both houses is the reason he will go down as not the most effective of leaders, but he was petty hamstrung from teh start.

Shame really.

DodgyAgent
7th November 2014, 12:51
He is a leftie and when it comes to doing anything they are useless.

d000hg
7th November 2014, 13:31
He is a leftie and when it comes to doing anything they are useless.That's not true at all, you're always accusing them of doing things - surely an ineffective leftie is better than one who starts ruining everything?

OwlHoot
7th November 2014, 13:33
.. but he was pretty hamstrung from the start.

Shame really.

Whether or not it's a shame depends on what he was hamstrung from doing.

Seeing as he was intent on setting up something that sounds much like the NHS, being hamstrung from implementing that as originally intended seems more like a blessing for the Yanks. :laugh

norrahe
7th November 2014, 13:45
Whether or not it's a shame depends on what he was hamstrung from doing.

Seeing as he was intent on setting up something that sounds much like the NHS, being hamstrung from implementing that as originally intended seems more like a blessing for the Yanks. :laugh

Well considering the state of the american health system as it is, anything would be better than nothing for them.

DodgyAgent
7th November 2014, 13:58
That's not true at all, you're always accusing them of doing things - surely an ineffective leftie is better than one who starts ruining everything?

Fair point :o

Zero Liability
7th November 2014, 17:57
Well considering the state of the american health system as it is, anything would be better than nothing for them.

Well no, making it even costlier and more bureaucratic is even worse.

minestrone
7th November 2014, 18:25
He is a leftie and when it comes to doing anything they are useless.

The Hoover dam is evidence to the contrary.

lilelvis2000
7th November 2014, 20:06

Along with the moon landings.

VectraMan
8th November 2014, 17:51
Along with the moon landings.

Republican Richard Nixon was president in 1969. The Democrats only got as far as orbiting the moon.

BrilloPad
8th November 2014, 19:17
Republican Richard Nixon was president in 1969. The Democrats only got as far as orbiting the moon.

Yes - because the moon program started when Nixon was elected and was complete a year later!

Only on CUK......

BrilloPad
9th November 2014, 19:50
Nixon at least had the sense to exit Vietnam and start talking to the Chinese. -- Didn't help himself with Watergate, but Ford was a total boob and Carter was a moron as well.

While we are traveling completely off subject, saw a documentary about the Kennedy assassination ... Ocams Razor ... So Oswald got off two shots, Secret service agent in the following car picked up a M16, slipped and fired the fatal shot that killed Kennedy. Everything after that was about covering up the cock up - Friendly fire again!

Yeah right. One bullet caused 2 entry and 2 exit wounds.

Nixon didf the moon landings. Only took a year to set up the film set in Nevada......

moggy
10th November 2014, 12:59
I am not sure it is wise to be talking about long shots and presidents in the same post, expect a knock on the door any moment, NSA will be along shortly to tell you that you are shortlisted for Guantanamo.

I guess I'm next, gulp!

Plan B? Compensation could work out to be quite a good day rate..

DodgyAgent
10th November 2014, 13:56

and what were the leftie dynamics behind that?