• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

E-Books

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Books

Right. Assuming Im going to get

Has anyone knocked up an automatic e-books business. I mean its not difficult. Ebay account, website, paypal, automated to send books on response. Seems easy money to me for an automated solution.

Has anyone(sigh) done anything similar(who am I kidding) and how did you get on(no threaded time machine gags please)?

MF

PS : AndyW you are banned from this thread.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Doesn't work !

amazon has captured the market !

Comment

MF you likkle desperado, please if you are going to pretend to entertain ideas of achieving a plan b, at least come up with good ideas for a plan b

Milan.

Comment

So MF is asking about opportunity

Milan is rubbishing the idea without any seeming justification.

Which one would you prefer to follow for plan B?
        The trier or the loser?
        Why not?

Comment

Milan is rubbishing the idea without any seeming justification.

>>>>>>>>> Isn't that the spirit of this forum ?

Which one would you prefer to follow for plan B?
          The trier or the loser?

>>>>>>>>> That's a good question, those who are followers and
          follow will never enjoy the kind of success experienced by those who
          lead

Milan.

Comment

?

You said
            those who are followers and
            follow will never enjoy the kind of success experienced by those who
            lead

Our survey said
            the majority of people who make lots of money follow tried and tested methods and techniques

Feel free to re-invent the wheel, but don't be expecting to get rich anytime soon.

Not that wealth is everything. Spiritual fulfilment is important too.
            Apparently there's a course on buddhism you can do, which teaches you the whole shmear, zen, nirvana, enlightenment, reincarnation. It's expensive, at £75,000, but hey, you only live once.

IGMC
            Why not?

Comment

IGMCT

Milan.

Comment

MF - focus on something you do best, like writing Crystal Reports and maybe selling tat to local chavs in Swindon.

Comment

So having checked out some ebook ebay retailers. One chap turned over £40000 last year on ebay. I checked his site out and its quite simple, automated mail out based on paypal payment. So no idea, what he made through the site as well.

In an already saturated market are you looking to be a 'me-too' or differentiate in some way. I suppose it depends on what you are offering there are a number things like

a) Lists - Auction house, police auctions, wholesale lists
                  b) How to do things, set up a business, be a successful ebayer like me, be a tw@t like Milan
                  c) E-book information. Ie. Technical guides etc(Amazon cover this)
                  d) Play on being gullible. Make $10000 per month for little work.

The question is. Is it worth setting up an automated system to sell these contents to the stupid/greedy or inquisitive. Could this same automated site be used to sell software that I have written or better still offer it as a means for others to sell it, but for a commission.

I dont expect anyone on here to offer a meaningful opinion apart from maybe Scotspine if he's around.

The problem is ATW & Milan are followers with delusions of leadership. Sad really.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Dont be fooled into get rich quick schemes !

Comment

Working...
                    X