• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chocks away!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocks away!

Get a flight in a WW2 Spitfire...

Boultbee Flight Academy
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Get a flight in a WW2 Spitfire...

Boultbee Flight Academy
    Pretty awesome service, bit pricey though. Tempting

Comment

That looks awesome. According to Wikipedia, you'll be paying half the original cost of the plane to take a 50 minute trip

even so...
      <checks diary>

Comment

I've been in a Wellington over Worms
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I've been in a Wellington over Worms
          Didn't think there where any flying Wellies left, only two or three 'statics'.....

Comment

Hmm, that may be dads retirement present sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Didn't think there where any flying Wellies left, only two or three 'statics'.....
              Even a static would still be over a worm

Comment

I've read that private ownership costs for a spit equate to £3k-£5k per hour running, not counting the effort from volunteers that help out just for the love of keeping them airworthy. CAA approval for passenger flights would add much hoop jumping on top of a mountain of paperwork, so those prices aren't too bad really.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                  I've read that private ownership costs for a spit equate to £3k-£5k per hour running, not counting the effort from volunteers that help out just for the love of keeping them airworthy. CAA approval for passenger flights would add much hoop jumping on top of a mountain of paperwork, so those prices aren't too bad really.
                  Probably not, which is why I didn't say it looked expensive for what it is. Pretty awesome idea, I can see me investing at some point.

Comment

Working...
                  X