• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP is wrong - I just changed my mind on the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP is wrong - I just changed my mind on the EU

Would this buy-to-let couple be caught out by new EU rules? - Telegraph

About BTL was stopped. Or at least mortgage should not be offsettable against rental income.

Millions of young people cannot get on the property ladder and their needs must be addressesd. The only way forward is a reduction is house prices - 5% a year in the UK, 10% in the SE, 20% in Greater LOndon and 50% in central LOndon.

A shame that the UK needs the common sense of Europe. I suppose its further proof that the UK is stuffed. As if any were needed.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Would this buy-to-let couple be caught out by new EU rules? - Telegraph

About BTL was stopped. Or at least mortgage should not be offsettable against rental income.

Millions of young people cannot get on the property ladder and their needs must be addressesd. The only way forward is a reduction is house prices - 5% a year in the UK, 10% in the SE, 20% in Greater LOndon and 50% in central LOndon.

A shame that the UK needs the common sense of Europe. I suppose its further proof that the UK is stuffed. As if any were needed.
    It all depends on your point of view. As I get older, I see myself looking at things from the other side of the coin more often - perhaps it is the acquisition of wisdom.

Why do people think it is acceptable that people who are not 'risk worthy' enough to get a mortgage of their own are forced to pay the mortgage for someone who has more than one house already?

Comment

The BTL/Housing boom is IMHO not a good thing. Youngsters staying at home well into their 20s/30s. Forcing a lower standard of living on them. I've made money out of it (more by accident than anything) but I fear for my children. It looks like (even if they do well) they will be relatively poorer than my parents generation.

Comment

not just in UK

House prices: countries with the cheapest and most expensive property markets - Telegraph

Note Canada, New Zealand & Australia.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I'm surprised the Japs are so low.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I'm surprised the Japs are so low.
            As was I, not all that much habitable land in Japan I expected quite the opposite.

Comment

Japan has been in deflation for two decades, so property (along with other asset prices) has been in consistent decline during that period (admittedly exaggerated by a bubble in the late 80s).

Comment

Nonsense!

It is mainly BECAUSE we are in the EU that house prices are so high. Had there not been the huge wave of immigration into the UK from Europe, courtesy of EU membership, there would not have been the shortage of housing especially in London. This means that rents would not have risen (supply vs demand), and additional buy-to-let investment would soon have become uneconomical as rental yields would struggle to rise above mortgage interest costs.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  Nonsense!

It is mainly BECAUSE we are in the EU that house prices are so high. Had there not been the huge wave of immigration into the UK from Europe, courtesy of EU membership, there would not have been the shortage of housing especially in London. This means that rents would not have risen (supply vs demand), and additional buy-to-let investment would soon have become uneconomical as rental yields would struggle to rise above mortgage interest costs.
                  You could say that about your own post.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

• Immigration will add 12 million to our population in the next 20 years – one and a half times the population of London and 12 times that of Birmingham.
                    • In 2003, a report commissioned by the Labour government said migration from Eastern Europe would be no more than 13,000 a year. The true figure was close to 80,000 a year.
                    • One third of the demand for new housing is as a result of immigration.
                    • We need to build a house every seven minutes for the next 20 years just to accommodate new immigrants.
                    • Half of all tenancies in inner London are now held by foreign-born tenants.
                    • 750,000 Londoners have moved out of the capital because of housing pressure.
                    • The policy of opening Britain to mass immigration was actually deliberate. In 2009, Labour Party official Andrew Neather admitted: ‘It didn’t just happen; the deliberate policy was to open up the UK to mass migration.’

Oh, the irony... For years I was accused of being racist - just for warning about immigration. Now I'm being made a Lord: The expert who told the truth about migrants can, at last, have his say | Daily Mail Online

Who needs green fields anyway?

Comment

Working...
                    X