• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie benefits getting better!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie benefits getting better!!!

Up to £xx,000 Plus Annual Bonus, Breakfast Each Morning, 2 x 10 min Additional Breaks, 5pm Finish on Fridays with Beers and Wine, XBOX + Mini Golf During Working Hours, 23 Days’ Holiday + Day Off For Your Birthday
    Now that looks tempting
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Now that looks tempting
    Balls. If you think I'd be hanging about at 5 pm on a Friday

Comment

Why do you censor the salary?

xx suggests it's under £100k so clearly a poor rate
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've had clients who have provided breakfast to anyone who works in their office so don't know why it's a big deal. There was also other food randomly available during the day depending on what was going on. The reason for the food is simply because hungry staff aren't very productive.

24 days holiday a year is pretty poor.

And why do they have to say you get 20 minutes off a day?

Where is their private healthcare and subsidised gym membership? - You feed your staff, encourage them to take exercise and help them get better quickly if they are sick as it saves you money.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I've had clients who have provided breakfast to anyone who works in their office so don't know why it's a big deal. There was also other food randomly available during the day depending on what was going on. The reason for the food is simply because hungry staff aren't very productive.

24 days holiday a year is pretty poor.

And why do they have to say you get 20 minutes off a day?

Where is their private healthcare and subsidised gym membership? - You feed your staff, encourage them to take exercise and help them get better quickly if they are sick as it saves you money.
          That 2 x 10 minute breaks per day would really put me off... the sort of establishment that times and defines the breaks (that is not a school) is not a place I would like to work at.

When I was a permie the free breakfast, games etc was all perfectly normal... and think that is the case for a lot of IT companies

Comment

You get 2x10 minutes break per day, but can play X-Box and mini golf during working hours? Bizarre.

I only get 20 days holiday per year.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

If that's tempting you ain't doing the contracting thing correct. And I suspect the salary is 65k at best. So doubly so.

Comment

Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  You get 2x10 minutes break per day, but can play X-Box and mini golf during working hours? Bizarre.

I only get 20 days holiday per year.
                  I interviewed at one company where they had official breaks like this, they said they introduced it as a balance for smokers getting extra breaks.

I suppose provided it's not done at the expense of your freedom to get a cuppa whenever you please, it could aid in building some sort of sense of community - "tea breaks" are a British institution sadly now in decline.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In all seriousness - little things like free food and organised drinks on a Friday go a LONG way to helping team morale/wellbeing and eventually productivity.

Say what you like about the contractor lifestyle, it has its pros but it doesn't half feel rather without purpose or belonging at times. Sometimes "Well you could buy those things yourself!" somewhat misses the point.
                    Last edited by PerfectStorm; 10 November 2014, 14:46.
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X