• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Endless River.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Endless River.

So, anyone bought it yet?

For dear old Freako, this refers to the "new" Pink Floyd album (are they still called albums?).

I bought it.

Played it once.

Last edited by zeitghost; 7 June 2017, 14:32.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    So, anyone bought it yet?

For dear old Freako, this refers to the "new" Pink Floyd album (are they still called albums?).
    Not yet (are they still called Pink Floyd?)

Comment

Oh, how I wish I was there? I'm still Comfortably Numb, but sounds samey-samey to me, yet it will still relieve me of my Money.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Just downloaded it on Spotify. Will start listening on the train tomorrow.

Comment

Is it new or is it stuff they decided a decade ago was not good enough for the 'brand' ?

In other news, a 'new' Led Zeppelin re-re-re-master hits the shelves any day now...
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            Is it new or is it stuff they decided a decade ago was not good enough for the 'brand' ?

In other news, a 'new' Led Zeppelin re-re-re-master hits the shelves any day now...
            I'll probably buy it although I'm in two minds about the track they've been playing on Radio 2.

However, was I the only one that thought that Led Zep were rather overrated (Stairway to Heaven excepted) and that Jimmy Page sounded like a right pretentious pratt when interviewed by Simon Mayo?
            No?
            Only one?
            Okay, I'll get back under the stairs then.

Comment

It's new stuff, some of it developed from the cuttings from the last album. I've not heard it yet. The review I read suggests it's lacking a really outstanding piece, but it's generally good.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

By the way, which one's Pink?

Comment

I would class this as an instrumental album, there is hardly any singing, and some of whats there is clearly material from The Division Bell. Its OK, but not their best album (by far).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Finally bought it today.

It's ok.

Fairly undemanding, unlike the cat, who doesn't really like it.

I think he's an AC/DC cat.
                    Not exclusively a pussy man then?

Urban Dictionary: AC/DC

Comment

Working...
                    X