• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The remembrance day thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The remembrance day thread

Please do not post here between 11am and 11:02am

Thanks

Or in my case 12:00 to 12:02
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My Great Uncle, Robert Bell Pearson, Kings Own Scottish Borderers. Died 1 November 1914, so didn't last long.

Comment

It's great that you have a photo of him. Have you researched him much?

My grandfather fought in WW1, inhaled rather more than the recommended daily dose of mustard gas, resulting in him dying in agony. But not until 1934.

So he rather seems to have slipped between the cracks of "celebrated" war dead and those who survived.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
          It's great that you have a photo of him. Have you researched him much?

My grandfather fought in WW1, inhaled rather more than the recommended daily dose of mustard gas, resulting in him dying in agony. But not until 1934.

So he rather seems to have slipped between the cracks of "celebrated" war dead and those who survived.
          I've done a bit of research - I also have his bible and the commemorative scroll that was given to his family. He was one of 14 siblings.

Comment

Working...
          X