• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having the snip?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the snip?

Stumbled across this yesterday.

Very surprising - AIUI the 'snip' is usually a minor operation for men, compared to the abdominal surgery required for women. (Although I'm sure we all remember Old Hack's horror story).

Good to see UK's ahead of the game, but I had assumed this was the norm. The only women I know who've been sterilised have been 'done' at the same time as another op.

The context of this graph is from this article BBC News - India sterilisation deaths: Chhattisgarh protests as toll climbs where women are dying after botched sterilisations.

SY02 wants me to have this done but sadly I cannot.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      SY02 wants me to have this done but sadly I cannot.
      Cannot due to physical/medical issues, or cannot due to "just can't"?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Nano surgery not up it yet...

Comment

Should add that I'm not knocking "just can't" - no-one should feel pressured to have optional surgery unless it's what they want.

Comment

Cannot due to the fact that I am a bedwetting fraidycat.

Comment

Send sy02 this way - I've a few ideas on how she can help you overcome your fears.

Comment

Send sy02 this way - I've a few ideas on how she can help you overcome your fears.
                No to blue balls.

Comment

honestly its pretty painless. A day or two of slight discomfort (and then you have the OP and its worse than childbirth you will scream the house down.).

Seriously it does seem illogical the complexity & risks associated with the snip are much lower than ripping out a woman's reproductive system.

There are some other reasons women might lose their bits though, are these figures purely for contraceptive purposes?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No to blue balls.
                    I don't think they will be blue more likely very crushed....

Oh and its an utterly painless operation...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X