• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for Brillo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for Brillo

BBC - Future - Human body: The ?ultra-athletes? aged 60+

Hope you lot back in blighty can read this.

A few decades ago, facing that kind of intense challenge after middle age might have seemed unthinkable. But over the past few years, it has become surprisingly common to find pensioners performing in ultra-endurance events like Ironman triathlons.
    In other news, L2B is ultra endurance

According to one definition, any competition that lasts more than six hours could be considered ultra-endurance
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

In other news, L2B is ultra endurance
    You need to cycle faster.

Comment

I'm planning an ultra-endurance drinking session for Saturday.

Comment

found that the brain’s volume of grey matter fell by 6% across the course of the race
        who would of thunk it? Its about the same decrease as an hour or two on CUK.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Interesting find. But its not as amazing as people think.

As you get older, speed goes but endurance stays. Also, doing a long event is a mental battle - that gets easier as you get older.

I am only 51 now - but I still hope to be doing IM for many years. I saw in Austria IM there were a couple of competitors in the 80-85 age group. And one person in the 60-65 age group did a sub 12 hour!

For now though, it is autumn/winter drills work. Swimming and running. Will see how it goes and then decide what to do in Enduroman next year. I hope to do a quin. But it depends on the swimming. I am really struggling with my catch.

Comment

Working...
          X