PDA

View Full Version : The missing

DodgyAgent
12th November 2014, 09:20
Brilliant :yay:

OwlHoot
12th November 2014, 10:04
The Missing link?

I bet IMDB lists a dozen films and series called The Missing. So it would be good to know which one you meant.

although I'm guessing it is The Missing (2014) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3877200/)

stek
12th November 2014, 10:35
I thought the second ep dragged a bit and did you realise the mother was Alison in Bedazzled? The shiit one with Liz Hurley, not the good one with Pete n' Dud...

vetran
12th November 2014, 10:40
I thought the second ep dragged a bit and did you realise the mother was Alison in Bedazzled? The shiit one with Liz Hurley, not the good one with Pete n' Dud...

There were a few points of interest

Elizabeth Hurley: 10 Hottest (http://jarviscity.com/2013/10/23/elizabeth-hurley-bedazzled/)

DodgyAgent
12th November 2014, 10:49
The Missing link?

I bet IMDB lists a dozen films and series called The Missing. So it would be good to know which one you meant.

although I'm guessing it is The Missing (2014) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3877200/)
That's it :happy

Doggy Styles
12th November 2014, 11:18
Brilliant :yay:I watched episode one and thought it was a bit boring after the real-life one with the McCanns.

kaiser78
12th November 2014, 11:55
Loving it ! Just watched last night's episode.

And The Fall starts again tomorrow evening with Gillian Anderson :tongue

BrilloPad
13th November 2014, 08:24
I saw episode 3 on catch up last night - amazingly good.

Interesting cross between the McCann and the Bulger cases.

DodgyAgent
13th November 2014, 09:23
I saw episode 3 on catch up last night - amazingly good.

Interesting cross between the McCann and the Bulger cases.

Of course it is the fathers fault because he released his son to get a drink from the bar AND he was looking at the football

kaiser78
19th November 2014, 13:01
Great episode last night, especially the bit where the two guys said the same phrase about cause and symptom. Very gripping !

stek
26th November 2014, 09:50
I knew it was the Scotch bloke!!

Hope I've not spoiled it for anyone though...

BrilloPad
27th November 2014, 02:39

Thats why I ignore this thread until I have seen the episode.

Great episode last night.

But with 3 hours still to go I suspect there are many more twists to come.

And where did the French detective get his limp from?

Dark Black
27th November 2014, 16:24

But it wasn't was it - I got the impression it wasn't the kid on the video?

stek
27th November 2014, 16:32

Agreed, but the Scotch bloke was a paedo and knew the kid had been trafficked, he was involved and maybe kidnapped the kid for the paedo ring? Three more eps tho - more turns!

BrilloPad
27th November 2014, 16:57

Not on the 1 video - didn't he have 57 in total?

DodgyAgent
27th November 2014, 16:58
Not on the 1 video - didn't he have 57 in total?

53 :happy

stek
27th November 2014, 17:32
53 :happy

Are you a pedantophile?

BrilloPad
3rd December 2014, 10:03
So now we know how the French detective got a bad leg.

Interesting that the Moroccan bloke has withheld evidence - still to be found in 2014 - and also had evidence from 2006(that he tried to take off the detective).

One point Mrs BP made - after giving that bloke the 15,000 Euros and got the information, they should have snatched the money back!

stek
3rd December 2014, 10:31
So now we know how the French detective got a bad leg.

Interesting that the Moroccan bloke has withheld evidence - still to be found in 2014 - and also had evidence from 2006(that he tried to take off the detective).

One point Mrs BP made - after giving that bloke the 15,000 Euros and got the information, they should have snatched the money back!

I only saw a bit of it last night, €15,000 for an Aston Martin?

BrilloPad
16th December 2014, 20:37
Final episode tonight. I can't wait.

stek
16th December 2014, 20:40
Final episode tonight. I can't wait.

Den Perry did it, the Fat Pig...

stek
16th December 2014, 22:01
Eh?

What's with the Russian kid?

Eto glupnaya veshch.....

BrilloPad
16th December 2014, 22:03
Eh?

What's with the Russian kid?

Eto glupnaya veshch.....

Quite a mental leap there. Looks like Dad got to the Romanian, searched Russia for years. Finally finds his son then gets arrested for acting strangely. Or have I got it wrong?

stek
16th December 2014, 22:05
Quite a mental leap there. Looks like Dad got to the Romanian, searched Russia for years. Finally finds his son then gets arrested for acting strangely. Or have I got it wrong?

The Missing 2? Or maybe The Found 1?

BrilloPad
16th December 2014, 22:08
The Missing 2? Or maybe The Found 1?

Crossed my mind too. I hate it when they build up to a second series. Or worse where there is a build up and then no further series(recent survivors). Or where there is no chance of a second series but they try to squeeze one out anyway(the fall).

stek
16th December 2014, 22:08

I'll have to watch it again but I missed the relevance of the kid's signature drawing in the frost of the car window, I think that might be a clue.

And if it was Oliver at the end his Russian intonation was so poor maybe he was Oliver, or they just got a crap actor-kid.

James Nesbitt's beard was Saxondale circa Series one, terrible.....

vwdan
16th December 2014, 22:34
I :nerdwas feeling a bit meh about the lack of resolution it but the trailer which showed immediately after said "A brand new case". On that basis, assuming that was the end of the story I actually quite like it. As mentioned in the episode, this IS the resolution for many real life cases - no finding them alive and no body to bury.

So, if you're content that he's dead you can carry on your life as is mother does. If not, it'll eat you up inside forever as it does to Tony. The fact that we're now debating the Russian kid is the same as Tony - except it was the same with the child before and the one before that etc etc.