• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Civilisation comes to Germany finally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civilisation comes to Germany finally

By request I brought my teapot, strainer, loose leaf tea and woolly tea cosy to Germany to make the heathen English tea.

Now I'm wondering if that was such a good idea given the benefits a cup of proper English tea brings to a society.

Our great commonwealth was built on cups of tea. Imagine if the Germans had proper tea last century?

As the allies advanced on Berlin in 45, Hitler would have told Eva to put the kettle on and we'd all be speaking German.

And I cracked and sang like a canary under questioning, even giving up the recipe for "Ill tea".
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    By request I brought my teapot, strainer, loose leaf tea and woolly tea cosy to Germany to make the heathen English tea.

Now I'm wondering if that was such a good idea given the benefits a cup of proper English tea brings to a society.

Our great commonwealth was built on cups of tea. Imagine if the Germans had proper tea last century?

As the allies advanced on Berlin in 45, Hitler would have told Eva to put the kettle on and we'd all be speaking German.

And I cracked and sang like a canary under questioning, even giving up the recipe for "Ill tea".
    So you \are establishing "little englander" ghettos in Germany... well done old boy
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You can buy all that tulip in Germany you know and there are some rather good teashops and cafes:

TeeGschwendner - Der Teeladen

Teekontor Darmstadt | Dem Norden ganz nah. (where I occasionally go for breakfast)

Ostfriesische tea culture goes back to the 17th century: Ostfriesische Teekultur
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        You can buy all that tulip in Germany you know and there are some rather good teashops and cafes:

TeeGschwendner - Der Teeladen

Teekontor Darmstadt | Dem Norden ganz nah. (where I occasionally go for breakfast)

Ostfriesische tea culture goes back to the 17th century: Ostfriesische Teekultur
        This is for the expats only. You have to present your "Ausweis" before they let you in.

Where would one buy tea cosies in Germany for example?

Comment

Benefits are much more generous in some other European countries then they are in the UK. So EU migrants coming to the UK just for benefits is a Daily Mail/UKIP myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Benefits are much more generous in some other European countries then they are in the UK. So EU migrants coming to the UK just for benefits is a Daily Mail/UKIP myth.
            So you've been to Bad Godesberg then

Comment

"English" tea
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                "Proper English" tea

Comment

This is for the expats only. You have to present your "Ausweis" before they let you in.

Where would one buy tea cosies in Germany for example?
                  Are you on drugs? You can buy a tea cosy in any tea shop (which are not for expats who in any case wouldn't have an Ausweis) or department store:

Here's some tea items in a department store not far from you: Teestunde mit Artikeln von Karstadt.de including this item: Donkey Tee-Ei mit Clip, "God save the Queen". I saw some last week locally which were quite cool but I already have one which I bought here along with my rather nice teapot which I don't really use much as the Germans have gone one step further, instead I use this: SPECIAL.T and this one has just come out: https://www.tealoungesystem.com/
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Are you on drugs? You can buy a tea cosy in any tea shop (which are not for expats who in any case wouldn't have an Ausweis) or department store:

Here's some tea items in a department store not far from you: Teestunde mit Artikeln von Karstadt.de including this item: Donkey Tee-Ei mit Clip, "God save the Queen". I saw some last week locally which were quite cool but I already have one which I bought here along with my rather nice teapot which I don't really use much as the Germans have gone one step further, instead I use this: SPECIAL.T and this one has just come out: https://www.tealoungesystem.com/
                    Only BP meds. Have you lived in Germany too long and lost your sense of humour?

Comment

Working...
                    X