• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darwin moment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darwin moment

Half of Mount Ontake victims killed by erupting volcano in Japan were found clutching phones | Daily Mail Online

One last selfie… that cost their lives: More than half the victims killed by erupting volcano in Japan were found clutching smartphones with photos of lava coming towards them
    More than half of Mount Ontake victims were still clutching phones
    Others had taken photos of the ash cloud moments before they died
    The eruption left at least 57 dead, six people remain unaccounted for
    Shouldn't laugh
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Here's another potential candidate:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/schoolboy-...7.html#6ZVJ2LA

Doesn't say if it was his hole finger or the one next to it.

For dear old Freako, it's a story about some dense kid who lit a firework, tried to put it out with his mouth, then blew a finger off.

Possibly NSFW with graphic images of what happens if you're a potential Darwin Award winner.

Comment

I can't put my finger (ha) on it but feel there's something quite Rod-Hull-and-Emu-esque about those photos.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Doesn't say if it was his hole finger or the one next to it.
        The unlicensed firework blew off the top of his right index finger and broke his hand in several places
        Which one is your hole finger?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You business or the hole-owner's?

I think putting his hand over it to protect his girlfriend is quite sweet although a pillow or book would've been better. The instinct to protect her at least is nice even if the implementation and need to do so was laced with idiocy.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X