• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflation up again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflation up again.

Inflation rises to 2.5% in August

And set to go higher by the looks. Interest rates will go up again this month. I'm telling you, 6% by the spring.

Doomed, Oh Dear, etc etc.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB
    Inflation rises to 2.5% in August Interest rates will go up again this month. I'm telling you, 6% by the spring.
    BoE already met for September, rates on hold. Chance of a rate rise in November a posibility.
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

It takes 3-4 months for rate change to be reflected in inflation figures, so BoE waits to see what's going to happen - they already predicted that inflation will be higher than 2.5% for brief period of time, hence increase in rates.

They really need to do another one this year.

Comment

You and I and everyone else except the Government already know that inflation is much higher than that bullsh1t 2.5% rate.

If only my power and everything else only went up every year by 2.5%

Mailman

Comment

Don't get me started

It's that old chestnut again. We've said that most of the inflation is now the result of gov't incompetence and waste of the public sector, like council tax increases, tuition fees, overtaxed petrol, etc. Get rid of this Gov't and inflation will come down. And I'm against the NL B(w)ankers setting interest rates as already discussed.

Comment

Can you ever have high inflation with low interest rates? (except to aid recovery from a crash)
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Report on figures:
              http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/cpibrief0906.pdf

Check out page 5. Energy at 29.6% pa up from 29.2%pa the month before
              Blair, you cannot reach me now,
              No matter how you try,
              Goodbye cruel Labour,
              Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

...hmm

So inflation goes up, interest rates then go up which causes inflation go up so meaning we need to raise interest rates again.

KABOOM
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I liked this bit

The Office for National Statistics said an increase in the price of computer games and toys in August had outweighed a decline in petrol prices and air fares.
                  FFS, so inflation is not being driven by increased utility bills or petrol or mortgage payments, but increases in the cost of computer games and toys?

I think it's all a load of bulltulip. All of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    I think it's all a load of bulltulip. All of it.
                    Indeed it is - IMO inflation calculation should include bare minimum stuff that people simple have to pay for in order to live, ie: food, fuel (car/gas/electricity), council tax, morgage/rent payments (pro rata by split between owners/renters) etc.

Including IPOds and things like this is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X