• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't get all cut up about it, it's just a TV stand.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get all cut up about it, it's just a TV stand.

Man killed and dismembered father then used him as TV stand, court hears - Telegraph

Is it just my impression or is this sort of thing becoming more popular by the day?

For dear old Freako, this is a tale about a chappy offing his dad, cutting him up, & using the boxed up remains as a TV stand.

He kept the head in a filing cabinet.

What I found particularly odd is that the dad funded* his murderous offspring on a trip to Thailand that meant that dad couldn't insure his taxi & ended up in court because of it.

*I would assume this happened sometime prior to dad getting offed, of course.

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    I'd assume it is Freaki Li Cuatre

Not sure why he's doing it, but I've been quite enjoying Zeity's little summaries for him.
    Ah.

I'm doing it because dear old Freako complained that he couldn't access some story or other that I'd posted.

Hence the precis.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 7 June 2017, 10:01.

who is dear old freako?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      who is dear old freako?
      I'd assume it is Freaki Li Cuatre

Not sure why he's doing it, but I've been quite enjoying Zeity's little summaries for him.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        who is dear old freako?
        I'm glad you asked.

Comment

I see. I appreciate the story summaries too, it's useful. Keep it up!
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Its nice to think that his death did not go to waste.

After being a TV stand I hope his body went to medical science.

Comment

There seems to be a minute-by-minute account of the court proceedings here

Never seen a case reported in that much detail and immediacy.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X