• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Plan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Plan

Build up experience/doss around -- in your 20's
    Earn good money -- 30's
    Save -- 30's
    Invest -- 30's
    Semi-Retire -- 39

Sound good?
    Anyone else got a similar plan?

Build up experience/doss around -- in your early 20's
    Earn good money -- in your late 20's
    Save -- in your late 20's
    Invest -- in your late 20's
    Millionaire -- 30's (running out of time for this one tho....)

Comment

Just need to buy a house.

House prices are rising 20% per annum so you should be millionaire no probs in a few years.

Actually just out of interest what is your semi-retirement defined as ?

Would that be helping out at Tescos on a Saturday afternoon ?
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 September 2006, 11:22.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Doss and shag around- teens
        Doss and shag around - 20s
        Doss and shag around - 30s
        Marry rich bint - 35
        Doss and shag around - 40s
        Doss and shag around - 50s
        Doss and shag around - 60s
        Doss and shag around - 70s
        Doss and shag around - 80s
        Die shagging supermodel - 99

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I already have my property portfolio . However it doesn't calculate into my plans until the mortgages are paid off. I want a million in readies/disposible assets before I classify myself as a millionaire.

Comment

Oh the great British dream.

You wait until Gordon Brown is at the helm, you'll be working just to pay your tax bill.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
              Just need to buy a house.

House prices are rising 20% per annum so you should be millionaire no probs in a few years.

Actually just out of interest what is your semi-retirement defined as ?

Would that be helping out at Tescos on a Saturday afternoon ?
              House prices are rising at 6% now.

Semi-retirement would mean golf whenever I want and work whenever I choose, could be Tescos on a Saturday or a 1 month contract each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                I already have my property portfolio . However it doesn't calculate into my plans until the mortgages are paid off. I want a million in readies/disposible assets before I classify myself as a millionaire.

You might want to think of money in terms of cash-flow rather than actual cash in the bank.

E.g. your 5 houses, when mortgage free, would bring in £4,000 / month income. It might take you 10 years to get them mortgage free, but then you're done and can chill out on £4k a month.

Alternatively, £1m in the bank will bring in about the same income.

Comment

I just want to be able to get my statement and see my current balance as a 1 followed by 6 magic 0's and then the deimal point after those 0's.

A pipe dream maybe but something worth aiming for. Hell if it all goes a bit slighty wrong I can alwayd open a Indian Rupee account with Bank of India and transfer money accross to get that magic number appearing on my statement

Comment

How old are you Tazman ?

Comment

Working...
                    X