• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC letter re: Overdue PAYE returns on dissolved ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC letter re: Overdue PAYE returns on dissolved ltd

Hi all,

Haven't been around for several years now as I made the dubious transition into permiedom about 4 years ago. I had a ltd which was dissolved and I claimed Entrepreneur's Relief...specifically it was dissolved on 31/05/2011.

Today the ltd received a letter from HMRC stating that it had not sent the Employer Annual Returns 'for the years before 2011/2012', which seems pretty vague in itself. Apparently I can ring them to ask which returns are missing. I was hoping for some advice on what, if anything to do? I would ask the accountants I was using for the Ltd but it was (the now infamous?) Upton & Co who have since dissolved themselves.

I was planning to ring HMRC to see what was going on, but given that the company was dissolved over 3 years ago, I assume with their consent (?), is there anything to even do? Is it a cock-up by one of their systems?

TIA

Give them a call - it could be a very simple query that you can clear up in minutes - until you know what you're dealing with there isn't really much advice that we can give you tbh
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Either call them as Lisa says or send them a letter explaining the company is dissolved. Send a screenshot of the company page at companies house with it. You'll likely never hear from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by facboy View Post
        Hi all,

Haven't been around for several years now as I made the dubious transition into permiedom about 4 years ago. I had a ltd which was dissolved and I claimed Entrepreneur's Relief...specifically it was dissolved on 31/05/2011.

Today the ltd received a letter from HMRC stating that it had not sent the Employer Annual Returns 'for the years before 2011/2012', which seems pretty vague in itself. Apparently I can ring them to ask which returns are missing. I was hoping for some advice on what, if anything to do? I would ask the accountants I was using for the Ltd but it was (the now infamous?) Upton & Co who have since dissolved themselves.

I was planning to ring HMRC to see what was going on, but given that the company was dissolved over 3 years ago, I assume with their consent (?), is there anything to even do? Is it a cock-up by one of their systems?

TIA
        Nothing to be concerned about. Left hand and right hand and all that!

A simple call will sort it out.

Comment

ah ok, thanks all. forgot to bring the letter with me, will have to do it monday!

Comment

FYI, I rang HMRC today and they said one of their systems is sending the letters out incorrectly, and to ignore it.

Thanks all!

Comment

FYI, I rang HMRC today and they said one of their developers released a tulipty bug and to ignore it.

Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                was it you?

Comment

was it you?
                  Nah, never worked for them, my tulipty bugs are elsewhere!

Comment

Working...
                  X