• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend thread

??

Weekend thread

Thanks for asking.

Wifey's birthday so some of the sprogs have been granted weekend passes to return and take us out for lunch.

I want to go and watch the football but I lack the guile to engineer an escape.

And you?

Comment

Thanks for asking!

Tonight I aim to get some extra stuff done on the rpg plot that I have in my head. Was aiming to run the game in November but that will not happen now!

Tomorrow:

Friend's wedding. Have babysitters for the kids so will be childless at the service and at the reception. That has not happened for almost 6 years ... I have to drive back afterwards so no drinking but it should still be fun! :-)

Sunday:

Mrs MUN is on Sunday School duty so we will be at church early and it will be my job to entertain Mini and Micro MUN until the groups start and they are someone else's problem. Then I get to doze for a while in the service.

Get home and try to work out how to attach my new armoured legs to my padding to my waist so it stays in the right place as I move. Then wear them, my new arms and jack and spend the evening at a full contact fight practice. Might take my poleaxe as well as my sword and shield for some variety.

You?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Saturday - Early start and a drive down to Twickenham for England Vs Springboks. Late evening drive back to Yorkshire.

Sunday - motorbike repair, roast dinner, scotch and Suity worship

And yourself BP?

Comment

I thought I might put in overtime at my Harvard seminar.

Comment

Wirral Beer Festival tomorrow.....

afternoon session too could get ugly

then project go live on Sunday which should be fun

TFA what about you?

Comment

TFA

Tomorrow - A trip to the World's best deli at Todmorden market then a few beers
              Sunday - Eat the stuff we bought at Todmorden market then a few beers
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

TFA

Tonight: Cooking duck and hopefully crispy roast spuds ( have yet to find a cloggy variety that crisps up), getting some food ready for tomorrow's beer tasting
                Tomorrow: Beer tasting with mates, local shop now stocks lots of beers from independent cloggy breweries, so we're raiding a selection.
                Sunday: Recovering from aforementioned beer tasting and cooking corned beef hash with the brisket that has been brining all week.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

TFA - Happy Friday

Tonight - weights, swimming, wine (tempted to put swimming in wine )
                  Tomorrow - Bike, row, bike, binge-eat, facial, run
                  Sunday - Bike, row, bike, binge-eat, shuffle

(Edit - want to move in with norrahe for the food!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                    TFA - Happy Friday

Tonight - weights, swimming, wine (tempted to put swimming in wine )
                    Tomorrow - Bike, row, bike, binge-eat, facial, run
                    Sunday - Bike, row, bike, binge-eat, shuffle

(Edit - want to move in with norrahe for the food!)
                    Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Working...
                    X