• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rumours of the Death of contracting have been greatly exaggerated :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumours of the Death of contracting have been greatly exaggerated :)

2 weeks into my contract search I have two firm offers on the table and I am now in a process of batting them back trying to eek out a better rate/conditions.

Even with the Xmas dip looming and the fact that I am quite restricted on location (young family) I found the Market quite buoyant (SQL Server Dev/DBA) .

Obviously your mileage may vary but it’s not all doom and gloom!

eke

eek is something else

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      eke

eek is someone else
      ftfy

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm in same tech field and was benched for 2 wks but as is typical soon as I started current one a month ago, I've had half a dozen pimps and clients from linkedin asking about availability.

Up and down, swings and roundabouts, in to go out.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          ftfy

I wrote 'something' on purpose

Comment

Good for you. I find the market lively enough, but lots of comedy rates and tyre kickers.

This message is hidden because eek is on your ignore list.
            Kin Maaarvellous.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Good for you. I find the market lively enough, but lots of comedy rates and tyre kickers.

Kin Maaarvellous.
              No that's probably your current market value. While we aim for higher rates (or in my case explicit partner status on government tenders) you are still a bum on a seat going backwards as more people enter your market...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                No that's probably your current market value. While we aim for higher rates (or in my case explicit partner status on government tenders) you are still a bum on a seat going backwards as more people enter your market...
                Why don't you tulipe in his teapot as well, really kick the man when he's down.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  Why don't you tulipe in his teapot as well, really kick the man when he's down.
                  Nah, Suity is never down
                  Weebles Wobble But They Don't Fall Down

Comment

Working...
                  X