• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only of interest to Gricer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only of interest to Gricer.

I've just discovered what a bubblecar DMU looks like.

Fifty year old train still in service as BR Class 121 rumbles along the Cardiff Bay line

I'm not altogether sure that I care a lot, but there you go.

For dear old Freako, this is a site which purports to show the last revenue generating "bubblecar" DMU in service.

Might it be termed a "Bubblecar" because of some resemblance to the BMW motor vehicle of the same name?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Might it be termed a "Bubblecar" because of some resemblance to the BMW motor vehicle of the same name?
    Perhaps it was because it had an enclosed cabin, with a roof and windows. The Welsh only had cattle trucks to commute in until then.

Is it just me or does that train look like a conveyance for cybermen?

Comment

urban75 is one of my favourite sites - another quality post from them.

Comment

Working...
      X