• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toplessness - what is wrong with it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toplessness - what is wrong with it?

BBC News - Toplessness - the one Victorian taboo that won't go away

Of all people, the French seem to be getting more prudish about such matters. Maybe it's not prudishness, but you certainly don't see the same sights on a French beach as you did when I were a lad.

The Spanish, on the other hand, seem to like letting it all hang out these days. And as for the Germans...

On a similar theme, do French women still go unshaven? Under the arms, that is. I have a vivid memory of the aroma left hanging in the air of a French hotel room after a hirsute chambermaid had been bustling around inside on a hot summer's day.

Comment

I support the cause in principle because I agree that female toplessness should be treated the same as men's.

That said, in day to day life, I'm not at all a fan of either. On the beach, sunbathing, in the pool etc is fine but I'd rather not be stuck to either sex topless on the bus.*

Usual sexist 'unless she's hot' exclusions apply.

Comment

It's not toplessness per se, it's nipples.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ldly-nsfw.html

Apparently facebook does now allow photos of breastfeeding women.

#FreeTheNipple: Facebook Changes Breastfeeding Mothers Photo Policy | Soraya Chemaly

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          I support the cause in principle because I agree that female toplessness should be treated the same as men's.

That said, in day to day life, I'm not at all a fan of either. On the beach, sunbathing, in the pool etc is fine but I'd rather not be stuck to either sex topless on the bus.*

Usual sexist 'unless she's hot' exclusions apply.
          "A man's not dressed unless he's got a nice shirt on, guv'nor, is he?" - The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, Shirt

Comment

Nothing whatever, we are only animals. The taboo about completely natural functions is just part of the crap that religion has landed us with. The more natural desires are barred the more unnatural perversion there is. If you think Jimmy Saville and similar current scandals are bad, look at what is commonplace in more religious countries like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Uganda or South Africa. Not the only reason of course, poverty and lack of properly enforced laws has a lot to do with it, but lack of normal sexual outlets is certainly a factor. The UK seems to be getting more and more prudish too, we have gone backwards since the 60s.

Kick out religion, replace all this higher morality crap with proper enforcement and teaching of social responsibility. We know what makes us happy and what makes us unhappy, we don't need the supposed words of gods and prophets as a basis for sensible laws to deliver satisfaction to the greatest number of people.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Unfortunately xxoggy, history is against you.

people who want to hide nips will persue you, catch you, then visit horrible retribution upon you.
              people who like nips will hate you, because they like to look at them in a dark room with the curtains closed and a tissue handy.
              People who use them will hate you because they want 'rights' to flop them out and be able to take kids to places where under 16's are not allowed, because you are not banning an under 16, you are attacking the 'right' to breastfeed
              people with bigguns will hate you for speaking to the third button instead of to their gob
              and the flatties will hate you for being a boobie obsessed moron.

all in all, t!ts cause more problems than anything else. They are a real handfull
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

African tribes seem to cope with it OK. I guess they're a bit more advanced than us.

Last edited by mudskipper; 15 November 2014, 20:56.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  African tribes seem to cope with it OK. I guess they're a bit more advanced than us.
                  mmm.
                  maybe in 'Zulu'

but not nowadays I dont think

last time I saw a beach full of topless babes was in Greece. Very nice for the first ten minutes, then you start to wonder what all the fuss was about. blokes eh! ?
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    mmm.
                    maybe in 'Zulu'

but not nowadays I dont think

last time I saw a beach full of topless babes was in Greece. Very nice for the first ten minutes, then you start to wonder what all the fuss was about. blokes eh! ?
                    Still today. It's only where we've imposed our Western values that they cover up.

Comment

Working...
                    X