• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up with raking leaves?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed up with raking leaves?

Someone is picking all the leaves off the trees in Parliament one-by-one - Lists - Weird News - The Independent

No really, they are.

"The leaves are removed each winter as a more time-efficient alternative to raking fallen leaves."

And it's not 1st April
    Last edited by mudskipper; 15 November 2014, 10:44.

I wouldn't fancy doing those big feckers in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Someone is picking all the leaves off the trees in Parliament one-by-one - Lists - Weird News - The Independent

No really, they are.

"The leaves are removed each winter as a more time-efficient alternative to raking fallen leaves."

And it's not 1st April
      Can they come around and do my garden?

I've given up until the trees in the garden have finished I'll then go and sort the leaves out
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Can they come around and do my garden?

I've given up until the trees in the garden have finished I'll then go and sort the leaves out
        Set your lawnmower on the highest cut setting and use it to vacuum your leaves up. It will mulch them at the same time for you to spread in your beds or for the composer heap. Use a sprinkling of Garrotta to start off the composting process and add your kitchen scraps, egg shells to the heap (no meat or fish though). GQT 🍁🌿🍂🌾🍀🌱🌲🌳🌹🔯
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          Set your lawnmower on the highest cut setting and use it to vacuum your leaves up. It will mulch them at the same time for you to spread in your beds or for the composer heap. Use a sprinkling of Garrotta to start off the composting process and add your kitchen scraps, egg shells to the heap (no meat or fish though). GQT 🍁🌿🍂🌾🍀🌱🌲🌳🌹🔯
          I wish, in cloggers I have a postage stamp garden with no lawn. Well compared to my garden in blighty its postage stamp.

Will just have to rake em up, nowt much else I can do.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I wish, in cloggers I have a postage stamp garden with no lawn. Well compared to my garden in blighty its postage stamp.

Will just have to rake em up, nowt much else I can do.
            I wonder when these will be on sale

2014-11-13 Meet the Gardening Robot that Could Grow Fresh Food for Astronauts
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

And it's not 1st April
              The most amusing part of the story is that the leaves are picked of the trees and dropped on the ground before being collected.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Some twonk was on the PM programme divulging the info that they can't say how much this costs.
                It's apparently cheaper than getting one of the 2 gardeners they employ collecting the leaves up as they fall down.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X