• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

any traders here ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any traders here ?

I believe many of the contractors be trading in Forex or stocks in their free time. Any suggestions on trading platforms.
    Last edited by raphal; 15 November 2014, 17:20.

Originally posted by raphal View Post
    I believe many of the contracts be trading in Forex or stocks in their free time. Any suggestions on trading platforms.
    Oooaarr lad that be true be it not. Ooarr ooarr. I'd even be hastenin' to think thems contractor be doing it during work time as well the scurvy land lubbers ooaar ooaarr
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by raphal View Post
      I believe many of the contractors be trading in Forex or stocks in their free time. Any suggestions on trading platforms.
      Metatrader, Ninjatrader, Tradestation, XTrader, crappy broker web browser platform - take your pick.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Surely the best platform was the interbank chat for libor fixing but that was closed down recently so FX is no longer the sure game it always was?
        What really amuses me about the whole libor scandal is they seemed to have made very little money on the fixing. A lone punter is bound to do even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
          Surely the best platform was the interbank chat for libor fixing but that was closed down recently so FX is no longer the sure game it always was?
          What really amuses me about the whole libor scandal is they seemed to have made very little money on the fixing. A lone punter is bound to do even worse.
          I've read that the banks submitted their real figures and were told "are you sure?"... These rates made their banks look like huge credit risks- unnecessarily so - the LIBOR submission adjustments were done to keep the confidence trick going long enough to ride out the storm - and it worked. Had some of those banks gone under, systemic problems would have been much worse. So, they did it for you!

Comment

One word - Asirikuy.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              One word - Asirikuy.
              Worth the fee?

Comment

Rule no.1 when checking out a trading system... find it on a forum and go to the very last post:

http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/inde...topic=3714.270

Also, beware of backtested systems with curve fitted results.
                Last edited by SantaClaus; 16 November 2014, 22:00.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  One word - Asirikuy.
                  It is not for day trading I guess.
                  One of the comments from Asirikuy admin reads " it might take you about 2-3 years to live from this while you truly get an understanding and learn how to do this"

Comment

Just say no

Trading from home is a mugs game. The brokers are selling you a dream. They just want you to trade because they take a commission when you trade, doesn't matter if the market goes up or down.

Banks make money in the same way, putting on customer trades (they can do that cheaply) and skimming.

Even prop trading in banks, which has largely died out , is done by cheating (front running, insider trading), co-location gaining an IT advantage on your trade.

And on top of that,your broker may be gaming you - trading against you.

Invest long term, and invest in yourself. I've seen IT guys wiped out by piling into trades they were doing well on for a few months- then ... Boom... 250k turns into 30k

Comment

Working...
                    X