• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IWOOT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IWOOT

Island of Linga | A Shetland Property From NeilRisk.com

A unique opportunity to buy an unspoilt 63.75 acre island located in the scenic and sheltered Vaila Sound on the west side of Shetland. Linga is located close to the Mainland with year round access possible. Shetland is the most northerly island group of the British Isles, closer to Norway than Scotland. It is a place of spectacular scenery and beauty with an abundance of wildlife. This is an exciting development opportunity with Linga having planning consent for the building of a pier and storage shed with reception area, new agricultural buildings, a two acre loch with traditional watermill as well as the rebuilding of the two derelict cottages and the erection of a new cottage. The planning consent also includes a windmill and solar panels for power, septic tanks with reed beds for sewage and rainwater capture from the cottage and shed roofs to provide the fresh water supply making it ECO friendly and energy efficient.
    I wish I had the balls to do something like that.

I have the balls, but not yet the cash....

Comment

I wonder if I could get a grant? I could take all my sheep

But I would seriously love to do something like this. Often there are complete islands for sale in the Caribbean and other warmer places though

Islands for sale.

Have a look at Jost van Dyke in the BVI (Been there sailing, cocktails in the Soggy Dollar are excellent) or the wonderfully named Mowgli Island in British Columbia.

Drool......

Which reminds me, recently (last few years) a mysterious buyer bought out Mosquito Island in the BVI, just off Virgin Gorda and no one knew who it was - turned out it was Branson, this is only 10m from Necker and he bought it so that he can introduce lemurs from Madagascar because their habitat is almost completely gone and it will give the species a chance of survival. So I hear
      Last edited by tractor; 16 November 2014, 10:38.

Comment

Snag is by the time you've done up all those tumbledown cottages you may as well have paid £4,000,000 for a 125 acre estate in Aquitaine

or one of these
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Island of Linga | A Shetland Property From NeilRisk.com

I wish I had the balls to do something like that.

CUK commune?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Can we declare independence and turn it into a tax haven?

Peoples Republic of CUK?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              CUK commune?
              With defences to repel the freeloaders.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                With defences to repel the freeloaders.
                Suity....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                X