• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twickenham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twickenham

Off to watch the rugby this weekend at Twickenham.

Any tips for the best way to get there from central London please ?
    And any recommended bars near the ground ?

I reckon the best way to get there would be by helicopter. You could land at the Stoop and get carried the rest of the way in a sedan chair.

There are some cracking pubs around Twickenham but they will be ramped; I'd probably use the facilities in the ground they are geared up for mass service or if it has to be a pub head towards Whitton

R

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Train from Waterloo - you may get a seat if you get on it first.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And any recommended bars near the ground ?
        Not sure about how to get there from Central London, but I've been there last saturday for the England's match. Parked at the Nelson Primary school and walked up to the stadium. I heard that there are shuttle buses from Richmond train station to the stadium on match days, but I am not sure.

The Admiral Nelson pub (on Nelson road) is a good "Rugby pub" and it gets very busy from 11 am on match days. Reasonably priced pints and good crowd. Drinking at the ground costs £5 a pint, but then watching rugby without pulling pints is a cardinal sin

Comment

I'm quite surprised that tickets are still available on the official website. Samoa in it's current form is far better than the sloppy English crew.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            . I heard that there are shuttle buses from Richmond train station to the stadium on match days, but I am not sure.
            There are.

However if you are taking the train you may as well get on the special services to Twickenham.

Comment

The whole sport is under threat. It will not be long before a high profile player is killed and Twickenham will become a rounders stadium.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                There are.

However if you are taking the train you may as well get on the special services to Twickenham.
                Thanks - are there any pubs/bars near the stadium if we do take the train directly there ?

Comment

Thanks - are there any pubs/bars near the stadium if we do take the train directly there ?
                  The pubs/bars are near the train station and in the opposite direction to where you walk to the stadium. They are always rammed on match days. The stadium is about 12 minutes walk away from the train station.

In regards to what pub to go in - I would just attempt to get into the first one that has room and you can get to the bar.

Comment

Working...
                  X