• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Testers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testers

Where exactly do they fit in the pecking order?

Got one here and she's a right little bossy boots. Always referring to us as "my developers".

Gets right on my tits.

The way I see it is that it is us developers that do the jokes....

(..mind you, some of the places I've worked, that statement could be taken literally)

Originally posted by zoco View Post

Got one here and she's a right little bossy boots. Always referring to us as "my developers".

Gets right on my tits.

(..mind you, some of the places I've worked, that statement could be taken literally)
    We're right at the top, get used to it
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Correct - they can call a sh!t show like it is if you pi$$ them off!

Comment

Isn't testing what you do if all the development is finished before the scheduled implementation date?

Comment

To fair though the communtiy is trying to move away from the "Yay! I've found a bug" gatekeeper type attitude as it's quite negatively viewed, some testers will never change though I've seen this at plenty of companies.

Having been a Developer in test for a fair bit I can see both sides of the coin and I have a greater understanding of certain problems.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Isn't testing what you do if all the development is finished before the scheduled implementation date?
            Depends how you're doing it I suppose, more and more teams use Agile these days as opposed to the old Waterfall model.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Gets right on my tits.

You don't get too many testers that are happy with being just a tester. They tend to morph into project managers.

It's a tulip job and I couldn't do it - I think you have to switch part of your brain off or have been dropped at birth. But a good tester is worth their weight in gold.

Comment

Gets right on my tits.

The way I see it is that it is us developers that are the jokes....

FTFY
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  You don't get too many testers that are happy with being just a tester. They tend to morph into project managers.

It's a tulip job and I couldn't do it - I think you have to switch part of your brain off or have been dropped at birth. But a good tester is worth their weight in gold.
                  I agree it's not the most glorious of roles but you are right a good tester is definitely worth their weight in gold, it's a shame there are a lot of poor testers around
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Well we have users who are supposed to be regression testers (and new functionality testers) as we require our system owners to take responsibility for testing.

This when we go live and things do not work we know where to go for why!

I would give me left b0ll0ck for a decent test manager/coordinator though

Comment

Working...
                    X