• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So boys have you ever got your wallet out before getting your chap out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So boys have you ever got your wallet out before getting your chap out?

BBC News - Tenth of British men 'pay for sex'

More than one in 10 men have paid for sex, according to a major study of British sexual habits.

The majority of the 11% who had done so had visited sex tourism hotspots such as Bangkok and Amsterdam.

The report, in the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections, said paying for sex was linked with other "hedonistic and risky behaviours" including binge drinking and drug use.

It said that young professionals rather than "lonely older men" were paying.

Just 0.1% of the women aged 16-74 surveyed had paid for sex, but 11% of the men said they had at some point in their lives.

Of the 6,108 men surveyed, 3.6% had paid for sex in the past five years and 1.1% in the past year.

The men who had paid for sex had, on average, more than double the number of sexual partners - 32 compared with 14.
    Blimey that surprised me, I only know of one guy who admitted to that (not me I hasten to add). And when did the average number of sexual partners become 14 it used to be 7-8?

And yes guys I know you pay for sex in many ways but we are just talking about cash on the bedside table.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Never paid, but when I did jury duty some years back, I learned how cheap it is to pay for sex.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Never paid, but when I did jury duty some years back, I learned how cheap it is to pay for sex.
      How much did you charge then ?

£5 a poke ?

Comment

Cheap as in tacky?

Or cheap as in, NladyUK: Oi NLUK, you're going to have to get a better job as the jurors all want a discount and we've got bills to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Cheap as in tacky?

Or cheap as in, NladyUK: Oi NLUK, you're going to have to get a better job as the jurors all want a discount and we've got bills to pay.

Cheap as in £10 for a BJ, £15 for sex with a condom, £20 for sex without.

The case was assault and an alleged rape of a young prostitute in Bolton, so prices may not be indicative of the country as a whole.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

The headline is misleading "pay for sex" suggests 10% of men do this regularly, not 10% have done it, ever, in their lifetime. I actually find it surprising the figure is so low in the latter case, just like I assume most people have tried a joint once?

Maybe you should add a poll.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Cheap as in £10 for a BJ, £15 for sex with a condom, £20 for sex without.
              Wow, ummm No thanks!

Comment

Wow, ummm No thanks!
                Skinflint!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  The headline is misleading "pay for sex" suggests 10% of men do this regularly, not 10% have done it, ever, in their lifetime. I actually find it surprising the figure is so low in the latter case, just like I assume most people have tried a joint once?

Maybe you should add a poll.
                  I was surprised it was a much as 10% in their lifetime.

I have tried a joint a few times but a working girl never.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Wow, ummm No thanks!
                    Tightarse (costs extra)
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X