• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mmm beef bacon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmm beef bacon

London’s Bermondsey Square Hotel bans alcohol and pork

A trendy London hotel no longer serves alcohol and pork to guests after its new Muslim owner decided to run the venue in accordance to Shariah law.

The owner of Bermondsey Square Hotel, who is said to be an Arab, turned the hotel into one of the first of its kind in the UK by imposing a policy which bans the consumption of liquor and pork on its premises.

Dishes that included traces of alcohol – such as beer-battered fish, a pudding with “drunken cherries” and rum ice cream have been taken off the menu, hotel staff explained.

Attempts were also on the way by chefs to replace pork varieties with chicken and beef sausages for breakfast meals.
    wonder how soon the Gay lobby will book a room?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    London’s Bermondsey Square Hotel bans alcohol and pork

wonder how soon the Gay lobby will book a room?
    'Hotel Sharia' Says It WILL Accept Gay Guests After Daily Mail Claims It Follows Strict Islamic Law
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I was just wondering when the first gay customers will try it.

Comment

it will also attract rich Muslim businessmen and entrepreneurs
        In my experience, many Muslim businessmen and entrepreneurs enjoy a drink as much as anyone. I can't see their business model working for long.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I was just wondering when the first gay customers will try it.
          Since it's already been tested in court that hotels can't refuse custom to gay people on religious grounds, that would be a non-starter. However you can choose to serve whatever food & drink you wish.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            In my experience, many Muslim businessmen and entrepreneurs enjoy a drink as much as anyone. I can't see their business model working for long.
            sort of agree, I suspect its just for publicity. Or it will become a nest of extremists. They could of achieved the Muslim friendly part by having Halaal menu choices and a separate soft bar in addition to an alcoholic one. Islam allows for mixing you can go in a pub and keep the Prophet happy.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Since it's already been tested in court that hotels can't refuse custom to gay people on religious grounds, that would be a non-starter. However you can choose to serve whatever food & drink you wish.
              Every gimp and weirdo will be trying to get refused entry or asked to leave for 5 minutes of fame

- holding post

Comment

But this allows them to be seen to book into a super-strict hotel, and then nip out to the pub anyway (or bring their own booze, or pay the concierge to acquire some).
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

sort of agree, I suspect its just for publicity. Or it will become a nest of extremists. They could of HAVE achieved the Muslim friendly ....

I keeeeeeeeel you.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X