• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sense or silly: 8 months in the slammer for gatecrashing a motor race?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sense or silly: 8 months in the slammer for gatecrashing a motor race?

BBC News - Brands Hatch rogue driver Jack Cottle jailed for eight months

How bizarre. It doesn't really seem the kind of thing jail is designed for but as mentioned it was intended as a strong deterrent to other silly boys who might want to emulate him.

Thoughts? Other than calling him a chavvy moron, which we can take as read
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I think the sentence fits that crime for the reasons mentioned by the judge, but I do have a serious issue with the fact that people get less or suspended sentences for crimes involving assaults and theft.

I don't care about what's fair for him, but it does seem unfair for the victims of the latter category. That said, in this case, his refusal to show any remorse probably did a lot to help him get a prison sentence. I reckon if he'd involved a lawyer earlier and listened to him, made a profuse apology etc he'd have probably got away without prison time.

Comment

Sense
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

How on earth was he able to just drive on to the track???

Problem is, 8 month sentence, out in 4, notoriety, becomes a local legend, more pranks follow.

I predict this will not be his last spell inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Problem is, 8 month sentence, out in 4, his GF stuffs razor wire up his bum for using her car
          FTFY
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Silly.

He should never have been able to get on the track.

Comment

Problem is, 8 month sentence, out in 4, notoriety, becomes a local legend, more pranks follow.

I predict this will not be his last spell inside.
              I would have thought even 1 week in proper prison would be enough to scare someone straight who was just a berk rather than a criminal.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I would have thought even 1 week in proper prison would be enough to scare someone straight who was just a berk rather than a criminal.
                Maybe the judge was a member of the same lodge as the Brands Hatch track owner?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  FTFY
                  Maybe he will be finding out a lot more on the hazards of unwanted traffic entering via an unguarded rear entrance over the coming months.

Comment

Maybe he will be finding out a lot more on the hazards of unwanted traffic entering via an unguarded rear entrance over the coming months.

Made me snort, that did.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X