• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enforced Xmas time off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enforced Xmas time off

Email from agency on Friday, you will stop on 12th Dec for Xmas, very official, very direct, client enforced - basically to stop me the contractor moaning back at them.

Fine by me though, could use the extra week off, happy days.

Mentioned in passing to client co contact, "oh yeah, meant to mention that to you, really sorry about that, I know you don't get paid if you're not in, we can usually push through exceptions quite easily though, so I can do that if you want".

Told him it was fine, I could use a break as I've been working so hard these past few months.

There is a massive thread (or is it threads) in the business/contracts part of the forum.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

good news have a great Xmas!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        Email from agency on Friday, you will stop on 12th Dec for Xmas, very official, very direct, client enforced - basically to stop me the contractor moaning back at them.

Mentioned in passing to client co contact, "oh yeah, meant to mention that to you, really sorry about that, I know you don't get paid if you're not in, we can usually push through exceptions quite easily though, so I can do that if you want".

Told him it was fine, I could use a break as I've been working so hard these past few months.
        Presumably the agency will just dock their "missing margin" from your invoice
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Make the most of it and enjoy - especially if you have kiddies...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            Make the most of it and enjoy - especially if you have kiddies...
            They'll still be at nursery the first week, that's why I'm excited!

Comment

Use this as a future IR35 Defence

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

You may care to write a letter for the client co contact, Project Manager, etc to sign stating that you are restricted from site entry and will be unable to invoice over the Christmas Period.
              My business partner used this as part of his successful defence in an IR35 investigation a year later.

Comment

Working...
              X