• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35 and this situation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ir35 and this situation

I leave my permie job to work as a contractor with a different client, the contract is outside Ir35. However I do some hours as a contractor with old permie company (say 25 a month). Will HMRC try and rob me?

I don't see why they should, if you have a proper IR35 compliant contract in place. If anything, it strengthens your position re. IR35 because you have multiple clients. Just make sure you behave a bit differently - ie. like an external. In my opinion.
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Did the same thing.

I and my accountant took the stance that it improves the IR35 situation. I.e. multiple clients.

And a good earner toooo

Comment

Each contract is a separate issue. It is quite possible to have one contract inside IR35 and one outside at the same time. I have got that at the moment. Then deemed salary calculations apply to IR35 bit of income, not the other.
        Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
        X