• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well someone asked the question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well someone asked the question

Ukip candidate jeered for hinting EU arrivals could be repatriated | Daily Mail Online

Ukip's Mark Reckless jeered for suggesting EU migrants could be deported after a 'fixed period'
    Ukip Rochester candidate Mark Reckless caused outrage during hustings
    Suggested migrants who have lived in UK for years could be repatriated
    Mr Reckless is currently on course to win Ukip's second seat this week
    Comment met with jeers and critics slammed it as 'totally unacceptable'

Now what would you do with those that stay behind after we leave the EU (Heaven forfend) ?

Is it unfair to apply the same points system to existing EU migrants as you would have if you applied for residency when we have left?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

and out again

Chaos as Ukip promises three million European migrants they can STAY in Britain if we leave the EU | Daily Mail Online

Chaos as Ukip promises three million European migrants they can STAY in Britain if we leave the EU
    Ukip Rochester candidate Mark Reckless caused outrage during hustings
    Suggested migrants who have lived in UK for years could be repatriated
    Mr Reckless is currently on course to win Ukip's second seat this week
    Comment met with jeers and critics slammed it as 'totally unacceptable'
    But Ukip this morning insisted all three million EU workers could stay
    Nigel you missed a trick, you could of said of course the question needs asking, no one had the guts to talk about immigration before we started.

I'm not sure we should forcibly repatriate them all but if we leave the free movement zone or even the EU then what do we do with the people already here ?

Do we automatically give them UK citizenship or do we give them a period to apply for UK citizenship? i prefer the latter as it will allow us to exclude certain individuals with a serious criminal past or with no record of supporting themselves.

Comment

Would Farage not need a special exemption in law to allow his square head wife to stay in the country then ?

Or maybe that's the whole reason for UKIP's being, he wants rid of his Mrs.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5lF0YVitc

Comment

Steven Woolfe already clarified their policy on this when discussing the topic with Andrew Neil on the Beeb. Another non-story by a rather desperate rag that doesn't even pass muster for use as toilet paper. But as always, just throw in the word "suggested", then proceed to fabricating what you like. They should stick to their "UKIP causes cancer" type stories. Maybe house price cancer.

Their self-important audience can whine and jeer all it likes, the by-election results will speak for themselves. Can't even say they'll take the Labour and Tory airheads by surprise, because they know what to expect.
          Last edited by Zero Liability; 19 November 2014, 20:42.

Comment

As Vetran said. Not necessarily chuck them all out but consider each for citizenship on their merits. We should consider them favourably given the circumstances but we should not have an obligation to keep beggars or others of no obvious use.

Something else nobody has mentioned. I assume we will get UK waters back, not be obliged to hand perpetual rights to Spanish and French fishermen. We are either an EU member or a sovereign nation, there should be no in between, unless negotiated to mutual advantage.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
              Steven Woolfe already clarified their policy on this when discussing the topic with Andrew Neil on the Beeb. Another non-story by a rather desperate rag that doesn't even pass muster for use as toilet paper. But as always, just throw in the word "suggested", then proceed to fabricating what you like. They should stick to their "UKIP causes cancer" type stories. Maybe house price cancer.

Their self-important audience can whine and jeer all it likes, the by-election results will speak for themselves. Can't even say they'll take the Labour and Tory airheads by surprise, because they know what to expect.
              yep the Telegraph and the Granuid are softer and stronger for such a task.

Rochester by-election: row over Ukip immigration comments - Telegraph

Mark Reckless sparks immigration row on eve of Rochester byelection | UK news | The Guardian

Comment

The thing is, it's a policy they'd look to implement going forwards, with regards to criminals and benefit tourists, and not begin chucking out EU immigrants who are here legally, so why all the furore over comments Reckless was not even given time to clarify in front of a rather hostile audience is beyond me. Makes for good soundbites, I guess, but as Andrew Neil eventually squeezed out of the Labour woman... Labour is already trying to out-UKIP UKIP, like the Tories. So their blather about lack of policies etc., when they're now aping these policies, is all the more puzzling. I think the Australian points-based system makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                  The thing is, it's a policy they'd look to implement going forwards, with regards to criminals and benefit tourists, and not begin chucking out EU immigrants who are here legally, so why all the furore over comments Reckless was not even given time to clarify in front of a rather hostile audience is beyond me. Makes for good soundbites, I guess, but as Andrew Neil eventually squeezed out of the Labour woman... Labour is already trying to out-UKIP UKIP, like the Tories. So their blather about lack of policies etc., when they're now aping these policies, is all the more puzzling. I think the Australian points-based system makes sense.
                  almost certainly the audience was stuffed with rent a lefties.

Its funny when the masters realise the voters might vote them out.

Comment

Sure, please remove us "bad" EU migrants, we who are christian and with similar mindset so there be enough room for the new British values, as depicted in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOfHXRyFMjo

I dare ask if majority of the people here understand what is going on with the old continent, I certainly do not, and that is why I am terrified

Comment

Working...
                    X