• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: It's a sign of the times....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: It's a sign of the times....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...355597,00.html

Homeowners fall behind on mortgage repayments

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...355622,00.html

Missed mortgage payments are sure sign of hard times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...355623,00.html

'Buying the house was the biggest mistake we ever made'

The economic miracle. Let the clock count down to the recession.

Milan.

They went ahead and bought the three-bedroom terrace house in Stapenhill, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, for £69,000, blimey !!! my car cost more !

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...355623,00.html

'Buying the house was the biggest mistake we ever made'

Milan.
      I think being allowed to reproduce was their biggest mistake (I wonder if they voted labour?) but in principle you are correct... we are doomed,
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        I think being allowed to reproduce was their biggest mistake (I wonder if they voted labour?) but in principle you are correct... we are doomed,
        Yes, let's skip all the corollaries and get straight to the point. UK is doomed. The only way to save yourself is to pack today and flood to Eurowonderland.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

It's not really a sign of the times. This kind of thing happens in good times and bad: there will always be, how shall we say, people of limited intelligence.

Comment

sure,

except in bad times the numbers increase as they are now

Milan.

Comment

...house prices are rising, so these missed mortgage payments can easily be funded by taking out a bigger mortgage...and so it goes on.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

ah well - tulip happens. I know more and more people who are buying with interest only mortgages as it's the only way to get on the ladder for them, until interest rates rise again that is...

It's a british disease, why are we obsessed with owning property?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Brown's legacy

Gordon Brown isn't even in number ten yet and we already know his legacy - DEBT. Another four-letter word to follow Tony Blair's two legacies, SPIN and IRAQ.

We've got record national debt, mortgage debt, credit card debt, student debt...

Meanwhile savings and pension funds are getting smaller in real terms...

What has always p1ssed me off is how Brown is described in the press as very intelligent. That is a fallacy, he is nothing of the kind.

Comment

Just had some stupid bint from Citizens advice on the news. She said 'most people get into debt after losing their jobs'.
                    Does that mean people lose the job then go straight out and get a mortgage.
                    They are in debt BEFORE they lose the job and have failed to provide cover you daft git.
                    Next they'll be blaming the lenders and the advisors

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X