• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linkedin Connections With Interviewers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linkedin Connections With Interviewers

I had an interview the other day and at the end the interviewer said that even if this role does not proceed, to keep in touch via Linkedin for any future roles that come up.

I didn't anyway proceed as have managed to secure another role, although have connected on LinkedIn.

Not come across this situation before, has anyone else ?

I've not done that yet but I would, I've gotten a few roles by announcing my availability on LinkedIn so it's worth it I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      I had an interview the other day and at the end the interviewer said that even if this role does not proceed, to keep in touch via Linkedin for any future roles that come up.

I didn't anyway proceed as have managed to secure another role, although have connected on LinkedIn.

Doesn't hurt having a client contact on LinkedIn. He ain't an agent, is he?!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I've not done that yet but I would, I've gotten a few roles by announcing my availability on LinkedIn so it's worth it I reckon.
        Shhhhh... don't tell 'em, they'll all be at it next!

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Had this quite a few times, whereby the gig has fallen through but interviewer has kept in touch.

No harm in doing so.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Editing my post now I've just re-read your post.

I will quite happily send an interviewer a Linkedin request even if they don't offer the role to me. I've got a few on my contacts list - haven't had work via them but what's to lose?
            Last edited by SarahL2012; 19 November 2014, 16:39.

Comment

Working...
            X