• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US client offered me $1800 a day for a 24 monther

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US client offered me $1800 a day for a 24 monther

All expenses paid. Is it worth it? MF you've been sucking off Uncle Sam, what's it taste like? Would you recommend it?
    Last edited by scooterscot; 20 November 2014, 12:32.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    All expenses paid. Is it worth it? MF sucking off Uncle Sam, what's it taste like? Would you recommend it?
    I work in US for a while, but invoiced from Europe and took cash out from ATM. Not sure if it would be worth getting involved in US tax system.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I work in US for a while, but invoiced from Europe and took cash out from ATM. Not sure if it would be worth getting involved in US tax system.
      Good point.

They called me last night in the am from Houston, Texas. I said "it's 1.30am" oh, I'm sorry about that and he kept on talking?!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Good point.

They called me last night in the am from Houston, Texas. I said "it's 1.30am" oh, I'm sorry about that and he kept on talking?!
        So still 19:30 their time. They do expect consultants to put the hours in.

I assume they are sponsoring the visa?

How often would you fly back?

Comment

Good point.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "US client" in this context. Unless you're a US citizen or GC holder, you'd need an employment visa and, hence, you'd be their employee.

Comment

I did it for around 7 years but was based here in my home office although there was travel all over EMEA and some USA. I had a flat rate per month and then hours on top and all expenses, and I mean everything, was invoiced to them each month. I used to invoice them in Euros, Dollars, GBP, Shekels, in fact whatever currency that I incurred my expenses in. If you can do that then you're laughing and it looks like I'll be doing it again soon....
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Not sure what you mean by "US client" in this context. Unless you're a US citizen or GC holder, you'd need an employment visa and, hence, you'd be their employee.
                I'm sure he knows this. Because this is in no way a fictitious tale.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  I assume they are sponsoring the visa?

How often would you fly back?
                  They are. They've offered Monthly flights, all business. Like that matters. Time away from family is more important.

Comment

All expenses paid. Is it worth it? MF you've been sucking off Uncle Sam, what's it taste like? Would you recommend it?
                    Is he quite happy paying this amount for an idiot to spend all day on CUK spouting c*ap
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X