• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dont legalise weed in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont legalise weed in the UK

The altered state that the UK weed puts you in, is not healthy. Complete detachment from reality. On a par with acid. I would argue cocaine, ecstasy and speed are much weaker drugs than UK weed now - you are still on the same planet. (Caveat - extremists).

For kids, weed is bad. It kills their motivation when they need it most.

Lastly, weed is an anti social drug, once the giggly phase has past. It separates people rather than bringing them together.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Just interested to get your view on the UK drug culture.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenSausio View Post
        The altered state that the UK weed puts you in, is not healthy. Complete detachment from reality. On a par with acid. I would argue cocaine, ecstasy and speed are much weaker drugs than UK weed now - you are still on the same planet. (Caveat - extremists).

Lastly, weed is an anti social drug, once the giggly phase has past. It separates people rather than bringing them together.
        A load of Tosh.

It good for de flu,
        good for asthma,
        good for tuberculosis,
        even umara composis.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenSausio View Post

FFS, what wrong with doing four tins of Tennetts Super (9%), it is a zone and just as valid.

Drugs is bollocks......

Comment

I know an 18 year old kid who's showing all the behaviours of serious addiction - with weed. It's not harmless for everyone - just like alcohol.

But I'd still decriminalise it and make it government controlled. As the Swiss have done with hard drugs.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I know an 18 year old kid who's showing all the behaviours of serious addiction - with weed. It's not harmless for everyone - just like alcohol.

But I'd still decriminalise it and make it government controlled. As the Swiss have done with hard drugs.
              Young people get addicted to the nicotine in their joints. It's the nicotine hit they are chasing, without realising it.

Comment

I thought that is used to be fine a few years ago but the new forms of skunk etc that have come on the scene within the last 5 or 10 years are brutal and really mess people up?
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  I thought that is used to be fine a few years ago but the new forms of skunk etc that have come on the scene within the last 5 or 10 years are brutal and really mess people up?
                  If it's legalised it can be controlled and limits placed on the strength.

I've been lurking around the Crohn's Disease forum and there they have a medical marijuana section because a lot of people find it's the best treatment. Of course in Britain they'd put you and your doctor in prison for it even if it is the best thing for you.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The same can be said for booze, it all depends on the user, I know people earning 100k plus in senior roles who have smoked daily for 20 years with no issue, I also know other people who it has created issues for.

In the UK weed has doubled in price in the last 6-7 years same grade of weed just twice the price with all the extra £ going in the crime gangs pockets.

I would legalise and regulate closely not ideal but keeping it illegal does not seem to do much except make gangs richer.
                    Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 21 November 2014, 09:47.
                    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Working...
                    X