• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Islamic State to host 2026 World Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria has been selected to host the 2026 World Cup, FIFA have revealed.

Originally posted by FIFA
    The bid was decided at a star-studded ceremony in Zurich, after what observers termed a “ruthlessly well-organised, take-no-prisoners style campaign”. FIFA President Sepp Blatter has defended the selection, noting that ISIS government policy, while ‘not perfect’, meets FIFA’s required ethical standards.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Really shouldn't laugh but...

Originally posted by Fifa
    And Islamic State have yet to field an international team in football.... “They do have a strong local militant league with a growing youth squad, so they could be ones to watch in the future. Plus they’ve got lots of British-born talent going out there now to play.”

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria has been selected to host the 2026 World Cup, FIFA have revealed.
      I thought when you said an Islamic state was going to host the world cup, England were getting it again
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Gives new meaning to the "Group of Death"
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

None of the opposition would win any of the headers
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sharia law will apply.
            - hands ball = cut off hand
            - hugging fellow player after scoring goal = homosexuality = death penalty
            - looking at a female spectator = forced marriage

Comment

What about the Offside Sharia Law? At least nobody will have to try and explain it to women

Comment

I heard they have plenty of training camps available for each team.

Comment

Working...
                X