• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh my god, it's full of stars!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing on BBC2 on Saturday evening about Science Fiction.

Rather enjoyed that.

Especially the chest burster bit.

And on the Red Button afterwards there were interviews with various stars from said Science Fiction epics.

Funniest was Rutger Hauer criticising the performance of his co-star.

Namely the dove.

And of course, The Wig Wearing War Criminal was on there too.

And it transpires I've been pronouncing Keir Dullea's name wrong all these years. .

For the benefit of dear old Freako: this describes a televisual documentary in 4 parts concerning Science Fiction, the first part of which screened on a channel of The British Broadcasting Corporation channel on Saturday evening.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    That thing on BBC2 on Saturday evening about Science Fiction.

Rather enjoyed that.

Especially the chest burster bit.

And on the Red Button afterwards there were interviews with various stars from said Science Fiction epics.

Funniest was Rutger Hauer criticising the performance of his co-star.

Namely the dove.

And of course, The Wig Wearing War Criminal was on there too.

And it transpires I've been pronouncing Keir Dullea's name wrong all these years. .

For the benefit of dear old Freako: this describes a televisual documentary in 4 parts concerning Science Fiction, the first part of which screened on a channel of The British Broadcasting Corporation channel on Saturday evening.
    It might be full of stars but, there's no one else intelligent living around them. Not in thia galaxy at least.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

How does one pronounce Keir Dullea?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        It might be full of stars but, there's no one else intelligent living around them. Not in thia galaxy at least.
        OMPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvwH8Qij0JY
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ive.. seen things.. Attack ships on fire of the shoulder of Orion..

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Because as soon as a certain level of intelligence is reached . . . the eat them

Comment

Was this quote in the film? I remember it in the book, but not the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Was this quote in the film? I remember it in the book, but not the film.
                2001. A space odyssey.

Its in the book. Not sure about the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
                  Because as soon as a certain level of intelligence is reached . . . the eat them
                  Nope. There are no 'bezerker' machines swarming the Milky Way Galaxy. Yet.

Even at well below sublight speed, an intelligence can colonise the galaxy in 50 million years in person or by machines.

The galaxy is roughly 12 - 13BY old. Our system, 4.9BY. So there's plenty of time for it to have happened. Many times. But it hasnt.

Intelligence isnt a given from the evolution of microbial life. It will be so rare that the chances of two intelligences co existing at the same time will be very rare.

Comment

Working...
                  X