• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Parent's not happy with Santa's Wonderland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Parent's not happy with Santa's Wonderland

Morning All,

this one, is too good, it fully justifies a classical Oh Dear...

Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen's winter 'wonderland' shuts after hundreds of complaints - Telegraph

I love the quotes from the article:

"
    But children were left in tears after they arrived at the site on Saturday to find hour-long queues for Father Christmas who handed out cheap plastic toys - that weren't even wrapped.

Other expressed Health and Safety fears after spotting elves having to push a train up a hill while other Santa's Little Helpers just sat around smoking.
    "

"On Sunday mums and dads said it had ruined the magic of Christmas for their kids after forking out up to £22.50 a ticket for the "shoddy" and "tacky" experience. "

"Angry Natalie Craig wrote on Facebook: "I want my £220 refunded"

"Mum Simone Freeman fumed: "The Father Christmas asked my daughter if she wanted the ripped present or squashed one!!I hope it's sorted out for the other families but it's annoying for us having spent over £60 & to have to experience it like this!" "

Call me old fashioned.... can't these parents think of something creative and better value to do with their children, you know, make some christmas decorations and/or cakes at home or something more fulfilling and rewarding, why do they jump at the chance to spend silly money on this kind of thing ?

Milan.

Milan.

It's a definite 'won't somebody think of the children' moment.

There is nothing for kids to do, the elf who is meant to be Simon Cowell is completely pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Call me old fashioned.... can't these parents think of something creative and better value to do with their children, you know, make some christmas decorations and/or cakes at home or something more fulfilling and rewarding, why do they jump at the chance to spend silly money on this kind of thing ?

Milan.

Milan.
      Maybe they don't just do this? Maybe they do the other things as well but they quite enjoy taking the kids on a day out as well. £22.50 is hardly expensive compared to most attractions.

My 2-6 year old kids enjoyed their trips to this kind of thing.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

missus has bought tickets to this together with a few other moms, think they are all reconsidering now

told her we were Jehovah's Witnesses for a reason but will she listen

Comment

Working...
        X