• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well that explains it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that explains it

Toxic Nigel: One in four voters would fall out with their friends if they discovered they were Ukip supporters  | Daily Mail Online

Toxic Nigel: One in four voters would fall out with their friends if they discovered they were Ukip supporters
    Ukip remains by the far the most toxic of the all the main political parties
    One in 14 Britons said they would struggle to stay friends with a Tory
    Labour is the least 'toxic' of all the main Westminster parties
    Just one in 14 Britons said they would struggle to stay friends with a Conservative supporter – compared to one in four who admitted they would not be able to remain close to a Ukip voter.

Labour is the least ‘toxic’ of all the main Westminster parties – with just three per cent of the public admitting that they would stop being friends with someone who backed Ed Miliband.

Five per cent of voters would stop being friends with Lib Dem supporters, according to YouGov.

Pollsters asked 1,970 adults 'if a good friend became a supporter’ of Ukip would you ‘disagree AND find it harder to be friends with them'.

Obviously din't ask this Board..

This comment amused me.

So people who vote UKIP or Conservatives are more tolerant then Labour or Lib Dems lol you can't make it up.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I remember those hidden no voters in the referendum. Their day is coming.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I remember those hidden no voters in the referendum. Their day is coming.
      you are going to saddle us with Red Ed to punish us for not going round Scotland kicking people out of bed to vote for King Alex?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        you are going to saddle us with Red Ed to punish us for not going round Scotland kicking people out of bed to vote for King Alex?
        They ticked the wrong box, they got confused. Should have been just one box.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

They ticked the wrong box, they got confused. Should have been just one box.
          You mean 2 boxes confused them, they must have been drinking more special brew than normal.

would have removed the Labour threat for a few decades.

Pity to lose Scotland though.

Comment

You mean 2 boxes confused them, they must have been drinking more special brew than normal.

would have removed the Labour threat for a few decades.

Pity to lose Scotland though.
            Lose Scotland? I love the sense of entitlement that 'something to loose' brings because 'they' think it belongs to them in the first place.

I'd be surprised if any of the main parties get more than a 100,000 votes from Scotland next May.

Comment

Lose Scotland? I love the sense of entitlement that 'something to loose' brings because 'they' think it belongs to them in the first place.

I'd be surprised if any of the main parties get more than a 100,000 votes from Scotland next May.
              Its more like losing a Friend. We don't own it but in these times its nicer to be with Scotland without. If you stay SNP not Labour then great.

Comment

Its more like losing a Friend. We don't own it but in these times its nicer to be with Scotland without. If you stay SNP not Labour then great.
                All things must change. It's the nature of the world we live in.

As Dougie once said:

'Lost the friends that I needed losing, found others on the way'

Comment

I would like to think that I would be tolerant of my friend’s political views (excluding Britain First).

The problem is that there is no one party who can cover all bases, people (from my personal observations) seem to pick a party based on what main policy appeals to them at the time, but do not necessarily agree with all the party rhetoric, so it’s unfair to solely judge on a “best of a bad bunch” decision
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                  X