• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotels in Rome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotels in Rome

Any recommendations welcome
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Any recommendations welcome
    VOI Hotel Donna Camilla Savelli Rome - 4 Star Hotel Rome

Its a converted convent with a chapel. You will notice a few nuns and a priest having breakfast after communion in the morning..

If you don't mind walking everything is within walking distance....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      VOI Hotel Donna Camilla Savelli Rome - 4 Star Hotel Rome

Its a converted convent with a chapel. You will notice a few nuns and a priest having breakfast after communion in the morning..

If you don't mind walking everything is within walking distance....
      Good tip I was thinking about another convent actually also run by nuns, but a bit further out. Had good reviews.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Good tip I was thinking about another convent actually also run by nuns, but a bit further out. Had good reviews.
        Thinking about it its worth emphasising the walking bit. Its not on public transport so you will need to walk or use taxis (not expensive about 15 euros from most of the tourist areas)...

Comment

Prati

After 25 - 30 visits in the last ten years I consider this area the best compromise in terms of price, location, places to eat etc. Also fewer beggars and tourists so no rip off joints.
          I'm there in Jan.

Somewhere between Lepanto Metro staion and Piazza Cavour. Easy walking distance to the Vatican, Navona, Campo, Spagna and Pantheon and then Metro to the other side for the Forums and Ampitheatre.

A three day unlimted travel pass (Metro, Buses and Trains) = 15 Euros. (Remember to validate it though only on the first use).

Also, big big tip, the queue for the Ampitheatre is for buying the ticket. If you visit the forum or Palatine first then you have a ticket for all three so you can bypass the queue.

Vatican Museums are open until six so don't be a muppet and go in the morning, go in the afternoon, if you can wait until about 16:30 before going to the Sistine Chapel you will be rewarded with a more comfortable viewing. Also try to go on a weekday (be careful though most museums are closed on a monday).

prego
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            After 25 - 30 visits in the last ten years I consider this area the best compromise in terms of price, location, places to eat etc. Also fewer beggars and tourists so no rip off joints.
            I'm there in Jan.

Somewhere between Lepanto Metro staion and Piazza Cavour. Easy walking distance to the Vatican, Navona, Campo, Spagna and Pantheon and then Metro to the other side for the Forums and Ampitheatre.

A three day unlimted travel pass (Metro, Buses and Trains) = 15 Euros. (Remember to validate it though only on the first use).

Also, big big tip, the queue for the Colosseum is for buying the ticket. If you visit the forum or Palatine first then you have a ticket for all three so you can bypass the queue.

Vatican Museums are open until six so don't be a muppet and go in the morning, go in the afternoon, if you can wait until about 16:30 before going to the Sistine Chapel you will be rewarded with a more comfortable viewing. Also try to go on a weekday (be careful though most museums are closed on a monday).

prego
            Bigger tip. If visiting the Colosseum go for the underground and third ring tour. You will see a lot of bits that otherwise you can't get at. Colosseum, Underground and Third Ring Colosseum, Roma - Italy You have to phone and book but that means you join a far far shorter queue when collecting your tickets. That ticket also gives you the forum and Palatine as well.

Comment

I've stayed here twice, very good I thought, despite some disgruntled reviews:
              Columbus Hotel (Rome, Italy) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I've stayed here twice, very good I thought, despite some disgruntled reviews:
                Columbus Hotel (Rome, Italy) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
                I stayed there last year; I found it a bit of a "nothing" - it didn't really stand out in any way, either good or bad, which I quite liked in a weird way - was visiting the city not a hotel

It was certainly very convenient; an easy walk to all the touristy bits.

Comment

Working...
                X