• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things ain't what they used to be...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things ain't what they used to be...

BBC News - Has the imagination disappeared from Lego?

... but stepping on a traditional lego brick is still one of the most painful experiences known to mankind (apart from childbrith of course! )

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    BBC News - Has the imagination disappeared from Lego?

... but stepping on a traditional lego brick is still one of the most painful experiences known to mankind (apart from childbrith of course! )
    Where did this urban myth originate that treading on a lego brick or giving birth were the most painful experiences in life?

Everyone knows that:
    a) Banging your head on the corner of a table after bending down to pick up a napkin
    b) Stubbing your little toe
    are far worse than treading on lego

plus any man will tell you that nipping your todger in your zipper far outweighs the trivia of childbirth!

But on the original point of Lego - it does annoy me that they sell kits to make a specific things!!!
    Thats what Airfix is for!!

Comment

Has it buggery disappeared. They might sell the kits to make specific things, but they're marketed at grown ups. When the thing has been made, it gradually decomposes into the big lego bucket from which parts are scavenged for imaginative purposes. I was watching my two and their cousins doing exactly this on Sunday.

Think of it as training for Suity's post WW3 Mad Max world.

I'd also like to add that a lego brick on a stone flagged floor is every bit as painful as a misplaced foreskin in a zip.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Has it buggery disappeared. They might sell the kits to make specific things, but they're marketed at grown ups. When the thing has been made, it gradually decomposes into the big lego bucket from which parts are scavenged for imaginative purposes. I was watching my two and their cousins doing exactly this on Sunday.

Think of it as training for Suity's post WW3 Mad Max world.

I'd also like to add that a lego brick on a stone flagged floor is every bit as painful as a misplaced foreskin in a zip.
        Some kids do, some don't. My nephew built all sorts, but my kids pretty much followed the instructions to build the model on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
          Where did this urban myth originate that treading on a lego brick or giving birth were the most painful experiences in life?

Everyone knows that:
          a) Banging your head on the corner of a table after bending down to pick up a napkin
          b) Stubbing your little toe
          are far worse than treading on lego

plus any man will tell you that nipping your todger in your zipper far outweighs the trivia of childbirth!

But on the original point of Lego - it does annoy me that they sell kits to make a specific things!!!
          Thats what Airfix is for!!
          Standing on an upturned plug is still the most painful

But on the original point of Lego - it does annoy me that they sell kits to make a specific things and yet had a film entirely about the imagination of creativity!!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Standing on an upturned plug is still the most painful

But on the original point of Lego - it does annoy me that they sell kits to make a specific things and yet had a film entirely about the imagination of creativity!!
            Papercut beats all. I'm tellin ya!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Papercut beats all. I'm tellin ya!
              True, and paper cut across the eyelid beats stubbing toe and standing on a plug.

Although standing on a piece of Lego has equal value.

Comment

"Sorry mate, we've stopped serving" is pretty painful too.

Comment

Originally posted by Forbes Young View Post
                  True, and paper cut across the eyelid
                  I won't ask...
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X