• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTC with employer pension contribution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTC with employer pension contribution

Since being a contractor, I've always billed through my own ltd company.

Today an opportunity for a 12 month FTC came my way where the employer is making a 20% pension contribution.

Any ideas how that works given I don't plan on being there beyond the 12 months.

Do I still bill through my ltd company as normal.

I'm a bit confused. It's a good role, would increase my CV a bit as well doing something I've not had much exposure to so far. Money not great but for the experience, it's worth the drop.

Any advice?

Originally posted by stevieg83 View Post
    Since being a contractor, I've always billed through my own ltd company.

Today an opportunity for a 12 month FTC came my way where the employer is making a 20% pension contribution.

Any ideas how that works given I don't plan on being there beyond the 12 months.

Do I still bill through my ltd company as normal.

I'm a bit confused. It's a good role, would increase my CV a bit as well doing something I've not had much exposure to so far. Money not great but for the experience, it's worth the drop.

Any advice?
    Easiest way to think of it is you are a permie for 12 months, simple as that
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I believe the full title of these is Full Time Employment Contacts. Read up on your rights here.

https://www.gov.uk/fixed-term-contracts

Did this opportunity not have a pro rata wage type remuneration that started alarm bells ringing?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You are basically a permie where the employer puts money into a pension for you. The pension can be with a pension company and after you leave you have the choice of continuing to pay into it, transferring it or do nothing.

If at the end of the fixed term and up to 3 months of the role ending there is a requirement for exactly the same role they are suppose to offer it to you first. However all they need to do is change the role's description and responsibilities to get around it.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Exit strategy
          • Have you worked how how hard /easy finding new work will be at the end?
          • Is the offer of pension contribs guaranteed?
          • Whats the cost of running your Ltd Co dormant for the year?

Comment

Working...
          X