• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Far Cry 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far Cry 3

Picked this game up dirt cheap a couple of weeks back due to the imminent release of Far Cry 4.

What a whole heap of fun it was, yep the wife was annoyed at my addiction.

Also managed to boost £16 of Tesco points to £32 and got FC4 for an additional £8.

Anyone else played FC3 or 4?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Picked this game up dirt cheap a couple of weeks back due to the imminent release of Far Cry 4.

Also managed to boost £16 of Tesco points to £32 and got FC4 for an additional £8.

Played the first one, not played games for ages. Don't see the point, waste of time you see.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Nope. Played the first one donkeys years ago and seem to recall it was quite good. Other then TF2 the only FPS I've played since has been the Half Life series and the first Halo. Halo was fun but Half Life still ranks as probably the best series of games I've ever played.

CoD / BF etc don't really appeal.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

First one was awsome. Way ahead of it's time.

I thought that Farcry 3 had potential to be amazing, but it was too easy and pretty repetitive - just pick off the baddies in the enemy camps one at a time, blast the rest, rinse & repeat.

A harder coop version would be good - which is what I'd hoped the multiplayer would be, but it turned out that you can't go 'off road' in multiplayer.

Comment

Played & enjoyed FC3 which was addictive despite 'rinse & repeat' as mentioned.

Just started FC4 which seems similar to 3 in all honesty, but this time (thus far anyway) the radio towers are made of wood as opposed to creaking iron structures as in FC3...same principle, get to the top, destroy tannoy message, green light appears on top of said radio tower...no real change.

There's a nice little touch in a mono-copter which you can use to travel around, but thus far the whole thing seems very FC3-ish but still good fun with sprawling maps.

Watch out for rhinos which seem to attack all & everyone, but despite this, I'm loathe to kill them really.

Saw a trailer which suggests there are 'friendly' elephants but not come across one of those yet.

I would concur though with DaveB...Halflife series was, and probably will remain, my all time favourite...quite why they stopped releasing more stuff is beyond comprehension. I think the world has given up on any further installments.
          Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
            Played & enjoyed FC3 which was addictive despite 'rinse & repeat' as mentioned.

Just started FC4 which seems similar to 3 in all honesty, but this time (thus far anyway) the radio towers are made of wood as opposed to creaking iron structures as in FC3...same principle, get to the top, destroy tannoy message, green light appears on top of said radio tower...no real change.

There's a nice little touch in a mono-copter which you can use to travel around, but thus far the whole thing seems very FC3-ish but still good fun with sprawling maps.

Watch out for rhinos which seem to attack all & everyone, but despite this, I'm loathe to kill them really.

Saw a trailer which suggests there are 'friendly' elephants but not come across one of those yet.

I would concur though with DaveB...Halflife series was, and probably will remain, my all time favourite...quite why they stopped releasing more stuff is beyond comprehension. I think the world has given up on any further installments.
            Steam happened. Apparently it's far more lucrative now for Valve to work on Steam than to spend millions developing another Half Life game.

Comment

I played Far Cry 3 a lot and enjoyed it, but it uses similar game mechanics to other Ubisoft games like Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs. They all have the same "find a viewpoint, climb a radio tower, hack a CTOS station" to unlock the missions in that area. They're fun games but it gets a bit repetitive when half of the games you play work the same way.

Comment

Working...
              X