• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yr Anrhefn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yr Anrhefn

Anyone remember these - ace! Defaid joke on John Peel was cracking....

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Anyone remember these - ace! Defaid joke on John Peel was cracking....

How the fark should I know? I can't even see what you've posted.

A nice little textual precis of your invisible linked content wouldn't go amiss 'bro!

Comment

Ahnrefn

Before my time though. Care to summarise the Sheep joke?

Comment

I dont know the band but know the Octagon well....it's a tuliphole, just like Bangor.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Ahnrefn

Before my time though. Care to summarise the Sheep joke?
          Bugger I was always spelling it wrong so I copied and pasted from utube - looks like it was wrong there too....

re: John Peel, I'm actually not sure now - I remember me and brother listening to it at the time and I think the band kept insisting Welsh for sheep was 'mochin' and laughing about it so JP went away thinking that. Not much of a joke I know! I knew Welsh for Pig is Mochin cos I used to watch Welsh telly when I was off school pretending to be ill as a boy.

Anyway - that's all clouded in the veil of time now....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Bugger I was always spelling it wrong so I copied and pasted from utube - looks like it was wrong there too....

re: John Peel, I'm actually not sure now - I remember me and brother listening to it at the time and I think the band kept insisting Welsh for sheep was 'mochin' and laughing about it so JP went away thinking that. Not much of a joke I know! I knew Welsh for Pig is Mochin cos I used to watch Welsh telly when I was off school pretending to be ill as a boy.

Anyway - that's all clouded in the veil of time now....
            You were right. Here's a bit more
            Mochyn - Pig
            Mochyn bach - piglet
            Dafad - Sheep (singular)
            Defaid - Sheep (plural)
            Oen Bach - (Lamb)

I was hoping it was going to be this one:

A farmer was out on his Welsh hillside tending his flock one day, when he saw a man drinking with a cupped hand from the stream which ran down from one of his fields. Realising the danger, he shouted over to the man, 'Paid a yfed y dwr! Mae'n ych-y-fi!' [Don't drink the water. It's disgusting!]

The man at the stream lifted his head and put a cupped hand to his ear, shrugged his shoulders at the farmer, and carried on drinking.

Realising the man at the stream couldn't hear him, the farmer moved closer, 'Paid a yfed! Dwr ych-y-fi! Defaid yn cachu yn y dwr!' [Don't drink. Water's disgusting. Sheep tulip in the water.]

'I'm dreadfully sorry my good man, I can't understand a word you say dear boy! Can't you speak English?' Said the man at the stream, in a splendid English accent.

'Oh I see', said the farmer, 'I was just saying, if you use both hands you can get more in........

Comment

Working...
            X