• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip mistakes Westminster Cathedral for a mosque

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukip mistakes Westminster Cathedral for a mosque

This story made me laugh today. A UKIP member in Kent took to Twitter to complain about the BBC broadcasting in front of "a mosque".

Well here is the building in question:

Does it look like a mosque?

It is, of course, not a mosque - it is Westminster Cathedral, the primary place of worship for British catholic Christians

I suppose I better add that it was not me wot made the twitter post

Ukip mercilessly mocked over Westminster Cathedral ‘mosque’ Twitter gaffe - Telegraph

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    This story made me laugh today. A UKIP member in Kent took to Twitter to complain about the BBC broadcasting in front of "a mosque".

Well here is the building in question:

Does it look like a mosque?

It is, of course, not a mosque - it is Westminster Cathedral, the primary place of worship for British catholic Christians

I suppose I better add that it was not me wot made the twitter post

Ukip mercilessly mocked over Westminster Cathedral ‘mosque’ Twitter gaffe - Telegraph
    As a practicing Catholic I can assure you there is no such thing as a "primary place of worship for British catholic Christians"

Can you **** off and not bother Catholicism in your quest to argue on a message board about Muslims and Bulgarians or whatever you want to moan about you fookin' half brained doughball.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      As a practicing Catholic I can assure you there is no such thing as a "primary place of worship for British catholic Christians"

Can you **** off and not bother Catholicism in your quest to argue on a message board about Muslims and Bulgarians or whatever you want to moan about you fookin' half brained doughball.
      A bit harsh. I am also a practicing Catholic (or should it be practising to annoy MS?). It does look like a Mosque IMO. Agreed about no primary place of worship though - if anything I would say it is one's local church.

UKIP do seem to attract some thickies though - they do need to think before opening their mouths(or typing on keyboards). Still - they might make May 2015 interesting.

Comment

First the Brighton Pavilion, now Westminster Cathedral. As a group who claim to have such a big thing about the UK, you'd think they'd know something about the place

(And yes, I know the Brighton Pavilion thing was the EDL; but if you think there's any significant difference between them and UKIP, you're seriously deluded.)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          A bit harsh. I am also a practicing Catholic (or should it be practising to annoy MS?).
          If, it 51 years old, you haven't got it right yet, I reckon it's time to quit and call it a day.

(And, FWIW, I reckon practising is correct - even more so now chrome has underlined it for me.)

Comment

KUATB: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ave-laugh.html
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I like the pictures on that thread.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

(And, FWIW, I reckon practising is correct - even more so now chrome has underlined it for me.)
                At the medical practice the doctor practised.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Simple explanation. They had traveled forward in time 10 years, to when it IS a mosque.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyD View Post
                    Simple explanation. They had traveled forward in time 10 years, to when it IS a mosque.
                    Travelled

Comment

Working...
                    X