• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black Friday shopping 'riots'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday shopping 'riots'

Just seen the pictures of 'people' scrapping in Tesco's and the likes over Black Friday 'bargains.'

Utter madness.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

I had to wait in a 20 minute queue to access Curry's website and couldn't even get onto the Game or Argos websites
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Just seen the pictures of 'people' scrapping in Tesco's and the likes over Black Friday 'bargains.'

Utter madness.
      Just keeping the Plebs populace busy.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Funny thing is if they brought the stuff at some random time of year they would get it the same price.

I've noticed some retailers have put their prices up since the start of November....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At least over here we skip the hypocrisy bit.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

A fair few of the people they show in those riots are descendants of those who aren't thankful they ended up in the US.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Looking at many of the pictures isn't black Friday going to be picked up as having racial overtones?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How's it different to the Boxing Day sales, or that matter the obsession with getting gifts while blathering on about Christmas being about people and family?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Contracting at the HQ of one of the major high street retailers at the moment. They are laughing their arses off for the free publicity this generates.

Comment

Is that what Thanksgiving is about? I thought it was something to do with being thankful the Indians didn't put up too much of a fight.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X