• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen and the 19th Century

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen and the 19th Century

When are they going to say goodbye to each other?

I have my bank account with them and a 30 day savings account.

I want to open a second 30 day account to save my 'warchest' seperately to my tax fund.

I phone them up.

"Hi, I've logged on but I can't see how to open a second savings account on line"
    "Oh, I can show you how to do that. Go here...
    Click on the pdf link.
    Find a printer.
    Print off the pdf.
    Fill in all the details that we already have for you.
    Find an envelope.
    Pop it in an envelope.
    Go and buy a stamp.
    Stick the stamp on the envelope.
    Go to a post box and post it.
    We should have that all sorted for you within 10 working days.
    Anything else I can't help you with?"

FFS!

Its really just Santander you know.

If you call Cater Allen, you go through to the Santander Call Centre in Bootle.

They have A4 paper with CATER ALLEN sticky taped on the CRT monitors (I kid not) to remind the operators when they move between Santander and Cater Allen customers.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Move to a different bank - you get a much better interest rate with Cambridge & Counties 30 day account that you do with Cater Allen.

Plus if you are getting close to the FSCS compensation scheme, you want to be moving around anyway.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Oh good Im glad I am not the only one who thinks this about C-Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Move to a different bank - you get a much better interest rate with Cambridge & Counties 30 day account that you do with Cater Allen.

Plus if you are getting close to the FSCS compensation scheme, you want to be moving around anyway.
          That's me now, tho TBF Cater Allen have been superb for me, reluctant to let them go or even move a bit of the pot away, odd some have issues, must be bad karma, like crippling people in the past, what goes around, comes around so stop crippling people in your past lives people and get some good banking karma....

Comment

Must say I've never had any problems with Cater Allen

The only thing I find slightly irritating is the way the operators warble on when one phones, making everything painfully long-winded. It seems almost as if they are paid extra for keeping the call going longer, whereas I would have thought the opposite would be more desirable for them to improve service.

Also I was annoyed a week or two ago when their automated service line threw a wobbler when I was keying in my Client ID and Personal Access Code in a hurry, then reckoned I had keyed it in three times wrongly and disabled it!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X