• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religion strikes again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion strikes again

I'm strongly of the belief humans believing in God should not be allowed to breed.

Nepal's killing fields: FIVE THOUSAND buffalo lie slaughtered at the beginning of Hindu ceremony which sees up to 300,000 animals killed to bring worshippers good luck
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I don't think anyone really bothers with what you think.

Comment

People who try to dictate who should be allowed to breed shouldn't be allowed to breed.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I hope they're going to eat them. Terrible waste of meat otherwise

Comment

I had some thinking earlier about the numbers of slaughtered animals in the UK in a day, must be well over 1 million. The food wastage on that product must by 30% to 40%.

Anyways, Stalin and Mao Tse Tung starved to death over 50 million.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Or roughly a third of what MacDonalds get through...

Linky

Every day... of every week... of every month... of every year...

Incredible stats there actually! Loathe them or hate them, they go a long way towards feeding the world!

Comment

Stalin and Mao Tse Tung starved to death over 50 million
              Quite. Pursuit of any dogma that does not change to take account of current realities is an idiocy, whether religious or political.

However, without the difficult to challenge claims of divine inspiration, when we can examine ideas knowing them to be the inventions of mere men, those dogmas vanish rather quicker. Marxist ideas caused huge problems in significant countries for less than a hundred years. The religions of the book are still causing huge problems after thousands. Coincidence?

PS On Stalin etc, just been looking at The Green Party website. If those idiots ever got in I think history would repeat itself.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                Or roughly a third of what MacDonalds get through...

Linky

Every day... of every week... of every month... of every year...

Incredible stats there actually! Loathe them or hate them, they go a long way towards feeding the world!
                I'll go with hate. imo the take more than they give.

The amount of food, water, energy in producing a coo, the product of which is disappeared in a couple of minutes is rather vulgar imo. I do eat beef myself but not more than once a week I'd say.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X