• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you trust your neighbours?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you trust your neighbours?

One in four Britons would not trust a neighbour to take a parcel - Telegraph

An advantage of living in a little village, its a nice community. I'd trust most of my neighbours. I don't think even MR PIKEY SCUM would steal my stuff.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      An advantage of living in a little village, its a nice community. I'd trust most of my neighbours. I don't think even MR PIKEY SCUM would steal my stuff.
      Pikeys would drill the gold fillings out a corpse.

Comment

I live in a semi-detached (yeah, I know, INKSPE) - and my neighbours used to own our house before they moved next door (more enclosed garden for their kids). We trust each other with parcels, motorcycle tyres and stuff like that.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

not a problem we get on with all our neighbours, even the slightly loopy one.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The only neighbours I have and have had who I don't trust are students.

The rest - regardless of background and age are trusted taking in parcels and vice versa. Simply because if you are likely going to live in a place for over a year you don't tulip on your own doorstep.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To take a parcel, yes. To not let their relatives park blocking my drive when they come to visit, no.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My next door neighbour is 3 miles away.

Sasguru

Comment

No problem. I often take parcels for people half-way down the street as the couriers/postman knows I WFH.

The thing I don't trust is the courier to actually leave the card saying I have the parcel. I've had things for days sometimes.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    My next door neighbour is 3 miles away. I live in Islington.

Sasguru

FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X